Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NV4500 question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dieselmh, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

What is a decent price for a good NV4500 and Tcase? I'm not having any luck finding any at the local JYs, and a buddy of mine has found some in Michigan on his vacation. I want to know what you guys have found them for. What other things should I look for other than just the tranny and tcase? I'm swapping from a TH350. Thanks.

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

What t-case is it? I am assuming a 241 or 241 HD...And what year is the combo out of...? Is it a Chevy or Dodge?Personally, I would be willing to pay around $800 just for the tranny and bellhousing...IIRC, the nv4500 requires a unique bellhousing from the traditional 465 hydro housing...I would say a fair price for the tranny and t-case would be around $900 or so if it is in great condition...

Chris

3. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

It's a Chevy 241 HD Tcase and the tranny and Tcase have about 70,000 miles on them. The guy wants $1,200 for the tranny, and $800 for the Tcase, he doesn't have any other accessories like pedal, hoses, etc. It sounds pretty high to me. I think for that price I'll stick with my 350.

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

That is more than a little high...the 241 is nothing special and shouln't command $800...even in awesome condition... I regularly see rebuilt nv4500's on e-bay for around $1000...I might check some of those out...

Chris