Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NV4500 tranny x member ????HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, Aug 1, 2003.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Those of you who have put an NV4500 in your k5, what did you do to bolt it to the tranny cross member?? Mines a 72, the "adapter" they gave me doesn't even come close to mounting where it should. Am i going to have to move the whole crossmember back? HELP!!!!!

2. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

i did some swapin along those lines in my k20 and the wole thing moved forward by couple inches, i just drilled new holes for the crossmember.

3. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I also have done the NV4500 to 205 and just recently the NV4500 to ORD 203 to 205. I had to move the crossmember back a couple of inches the first time and used the tailhousing mount on the NV4500. This made it easier when I did the doubler installation as I could leave the transmission crossmember in place and install the 203 the the 205. I had to make a custom crossmember for the doubler mount once it was installed.

4. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

My 4500 sits on the stock mount and crossmember in stock location. Engine sits on stock SBC mounts and clears everything fine. Couldn't have been an easier swap. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

k5......So did you drill new holes originally??