Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NV4500 VS SM465

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Batmanjr, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

How much harder will a 32 spline NV4500 be to install to a 6.2L Diesel than a SM465???? I have the 465 with the long adapter, but really want OD! The Rnger Box is WAY out of my budget and I might have a lead on a Nv4500 with the 32 splines and 205 adapter! What's your opinion and how much harder will one be vs the other to install!

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

From what I understand.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It mostly depends on what year truck you have, and what year model 4500 you decide to pick up. If you get the 95 or later 4500 they will be more easily fitable for hydraulic clutch setups. But then again, some of that has to do with what truck your putting it in.

It's not worth a whole lot, but I'm recommending getting the Advance Adapter NV4500 conversion manual. It's got lots of good info. And for $10... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Good luck..I'm in the build up stages for a 4500 swap myself. Hope your lead is not the same lead I have. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

No, my local junkyard doesn't know what it's worth!!!! I'd have to do a very physical check out but I think it's worth it! Have you thought about getting a Dodge 205 for the rear!??? It would bolt right up and work perfectly, I think!?
    My truck is an 83 Diesel with a 6.2L, soon to be modified to a 6.5L! How hard is it to get the GM205 with a long 32 spline on the rear??? I heard that I need another adapter for that, I'm about to buy stock in AA!!!! Any info you can give would be great!