Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NV4500 which I just bought

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Steve_87K5, Jun 25, 2000.

1. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

This is information about NV4500 supplied by Performance Gear, Lumberton MS. I ordered it for my pickup last month,
    and got it with bellhousing. To make a bellhousing fit, this company drills and taps 4 NEW holes in a new Dodge tranny case, then backwards-bolts thru inside of the bellhousing.So you then have 4 empty tranny ears sticking out! In future, I don't see how you could slide it back enough to get it out.
    I don't like it, I was not told it was done this way, and never would have bought it ifIda known.

SteveB

2. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

The bad part is it an older nv4500 case if it that way. The 96 and up 4500 use the same bolt patern on both the dodg and the chevy. Is the housing a chevy part! I can give you the parts list to use the 96 and up housing and cluch, I tryed the Micky Mouse one from Advance, I hated it plus it had some parts in the cluch linkage that was hard to find and make work. I'm now running a 98 nv4500 with the stock chevy cluch hydro cluck linkage and bell housing. It works much easyer and I like the over all fit and it works much better. Plus it installs easyer. If I need to replace a part I can get it all at the local chevy dealer.