Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nv4500

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Green71, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Green71

Green71 Registered Member

I wasnt sure but i thought the NV4500 came as standard equipment in the 2 door blazers and yukons from 92-96 (the automatic being an option)right? I think sometime after 94 they made the automatics standard with the NV4500 being an option. Then after 96 or something they didnt even offer the manual trans anymore in them. Please correct me if im wrong. Thanks for the info.

-Chris

2. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

To the best of my knowledge GM offered the Getrag aluminium manual tranny in the Blazers in those years .

Tom

3. Green71

Green71 Registered Member

Thanks. I wasnt sure what they had. Anyone have any info on the preformance of these trannys? Likes/Dislikes? Thanks again for the help.

-Chris

4. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

It is not a "Heavy Duty" tranny but it does O.K. in half-ton truck useage. It has a fairly low first gear ratio ( IIRC around 4 to 1 range ) .

If the fluid level is kept full and sane driving is normal it should last as long as the rest of the drivetrain in that Blazer.Just don't tow in over drive ( the counter shaft bearings can not take the added strain ) keep it in fourth gear while towing .
    HTH, Tom