Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NW Colorado anyone???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trouble1, Sep 29, 2002.

1. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

I'm new to the area and trying to find ppl to go wheelin with, found out the hard way not to go solo...It can be a long walk and one heck of a tow truck bill....hahahaha. I'm only good for moderate trails, but am looking to change that. Later

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey trouble1.
    I'm in Georgia, but I have relatives in that area. You know where Lynx Pass is? Some of my family and friends own a piece of land down in that valley. Anyway, do you know where Gore Pass is? If you don't, head north out of Kremmling, hang a left on the first "major" road heading toward Tamponas (can't remember the highway #). You'll be heading up over Gore Pass. Just over the top, there's a trail on the left (sorry I don't know the name) but it's a moderate 4x4 trail that will eventually lead you out to a bluff overlooking the Colorado River -- it's an awesome view. Anyway, maybe I'll make it out there w/ my Jimmy someday -- actually I'd probably eat through what little $ I have saved buying gas for the 1000+ mile trip! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Hope that helps somewhat and hope you can find someone to wheel with out there. Seems to be a lot of CO folks here, seeing that it's CK5! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Trouble,
    A group of us are going to Independence Saturday. It is a pretty hard core trail, but their will be at least 6 of us from the board there. If you want to come watch the carnage it will be a good chance to meet some of us. Dave, Stormtropper lives just out side of Silverton. He might be doing some riding up that way. We often do spring creek trail that is in downieville. You should be able to do that trail without any problems. Keep an eye on the Blazin Trails section. We usually post there when we are planning a ride.

4. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Tanks for the Info...The trip from GA is not quite that expensive (I'm from Charleston, made the trip several times). I'll be driving thru Kremmling later this week, I'll follow your directions and check it out. Thanx

5. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Sounds Good, If you could send me directions, time/place to meet I'd love to join. If I cant eat up my own yet, at least I can watch oters.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I will get them for you. I could go there, but could not tell you how to. I will look it up so I can give you street names and numbers. Indy is always a good time eventhough it is hard on the heart and sheetmetal. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status