Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NWMP Fuel tank

Discussion in 'Suspension | Axle' started by AkMudr, Jan 21, 2005.

1. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I have so much to do that this went to the backburner and unfortunately I am leaving state and dnt have the room to pack it. Sale price pending I will end up putting it in my truck, but if I can get the $$ for it that'd be great.

Model # CPA-8 with sending unit and mounting hardware, 35GAL rear mounted tank....replaces spre tire carrier, fits long bed, non-FI trucks from 73-87. This tank is for trucks only!! Fully baffled as well.

The tank and sending unit alone retail over 500$ from the manufacturer. I am not lookin to get even close to $500. I will consider any honest offers on it. Also, if someone is very interested I understand shipping will not be cheap so I will also take that into consideration if someone does make me an offer.

If yer interested PM me for more info.
    Thanks guys.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  2. capps

capps Registered Member

What are the dimensions on the tank? I have a 1983 Suburban and have removed the rear spare for good.

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

The tank body itself not counting the filler neck and fuel lines...26W x 28L x 15 1/4 deep, not counting the mounting brackets which bolt it to the frame. The filler neck sticks up 2.5 inches and the mounting brackets hang out 3 inches from the sides.

I have mocked it up to my frame it fit up perfectly so I know it fits.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Nice tank, I've been looking for something just like that! However, after seeing the retail price on it, I'm not going to embarrass myself or insult you with a ridiculous lowball offer on it.:(

Good luck selling it!

5. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I will say I did not pay full retail price on it..I got a smokin deal on it.

Now accepting offers.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Any idea on the weight? If you can tell me your zip code too so I can see how crazy shipping would be on it also...

7. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Geez, Id guess about 50-60lbs..zip is 23666.....I know it was $60 from oregon to virginia UPS ground.

Tried to PM you Shaggy but yer box is full.

P.S. I did a quick calculation of shipping price on UPS...VA to CA, bout $60 via UPS Ground.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Well, it'd have to go all the way back to CA so it would probably cost the same. I cleared out my mailbox if you want to try again. Let me think about this, I got a list of stuff I need to get my junk mobile again, this isn't on it but I know my saddle tanks won't last long in the rocks. I saw that the description says this is for a longbox, you think it could be adapted for a short box? I doubt it would be too difficult...

9. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I think it would work beucase the back end of the frame on every truck is the same. How much lift do you have? I think the only issue would be the front side of the tank in relation to where the top of the axle housing is.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Somewhere around 7" of lift. Looks like it would probably work. I'm hoping someone else buys it soon so the temptation to buy it will end.

11. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

No one has really shown any interest but we'll see what happens. I might just end up putting it in.

7" should be plenty enough room, specially since the tank sits behind the axle right past the last bend where the frame straightens out.