Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

O-ring Idea for Hubs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by toy4x4runner, Dec 26, 2005.

1. toy4x4runner

toy4x4runner 1/2 ton status

I just put some new dana spindles for the larger inner bearings and some later model hubs on my D44 axle. Noticed grease is leaking out between my MileMarker hub and the wheel hub... I used brand-new Orings on the hubs from milemarker. I'm thinking about going to a hardware store and seeing if I can get an Oring that will fit around the milemarker hub so it'll seal up between the milemarker and the wheel hub. good idea? bad idea? I think it's worth a shot.... i want some input.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

There should be an oring on the locking hub anyways that you actually can see between the locking hub and bearing hub once everything is installed

3. theitalian404

theitalian404 Registered Member

"There should be an oring on the locking hub anyways that you actually can see between the locking hub and bearing hub once everything is installed"

^^^^

in most cases yeah....but not on milemarkers..haha. (or at least on our old set on a 87 f-250)

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

There's another reason why I don't like Milemarkers then....not enough sealing.

5. toy4x4runner

toy4x4runner 1/2 ton status

do the Warns have better sealing? b/c the MM have and Oring but it's not up around the wheel hub/locking hub area. their oring actually ends up going inside the wheel hub doing basically jack crap. or not much of somin. the fix seems easy... an oring that fits further up on the MM so it ends up between the MM and wheel hub. I seem to be getting tired of these MM's. I'm about ready to give the Warn's a shot, but people say their the same thing.

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've only used warns on on my rigs and have never had any troubles with leaking

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Ditto

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Hey Leper, are you stalking me :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: