Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

O-Rings/Fittings for Steering box...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90blzr, Apr 2, 2005.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know if you can buy the O-rings for power steering lines/box seperate? The ones that are used where the lines enter the steering box. My lines dont have the O-rings on them, and I cant find the fitting for the return side. I went to auto zone and the guy said I had to buy the whole hose assembly.
    And the fitting that goes into the box....he said they dont sell that? Havent had time to check elsewhere yet.

Does the 'return' side have an o-ring also...or just the fitting itself into the box?

Thanks!

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

someone correct if i'm wrong on this please..

i just went thru this... i believe they are saginaw fittings... the return line is also one, just a smaller size then the pressure...

i had to get the return line from the stealership and bend it myself.. think it was like $12...

they are just standard O-rings... i'd bet our generic o-ring selection box has the same ones but i haven't checked.. thats a good reminder, i meant to throw some of those in my spare parts crate i keep in the truck..

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Either go to the dealer for the Orings, or your local hydrualic shop. The pump will have a nipple on it for the return so if your box has the metal line coming off it already, then just use 3/8 I.D. tranny line and hose clamps.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You can go here : [​IMG]
    Lee Manufacturing Co.
    11661 Pendleton St.
    Sun Valley, CA 91352
    818/768-0371

and then use older hoses via these adapters , then no more o-ring issues :k5: :k5:

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the oring style boxes use the same fittings as the oring fuel lines that rust out. just ask for the propor size fuel line repair section and dont tell them its for p/s line.