Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

o2 sensors

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by willyswanter, Sep 29, 2002.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok, I have a 96 with vortec 454 and 4 o2 sensors. 1 before each cat, and one after each cat, with two cats. Ok, the bank 2, pre-cat sensor is failing and throwing my fuel delivery on that bank way off. My question is, can I take a post cat sensor and switch it out with the problem pre-cat sensor to get my fuel delivery back on track till I can buy a new sensor? Or are the pre-cat and post-cat sensors different?

2. finnd

finnd Registered Member

i think some of your o2 sensors are heated, while others are not. I imagine a simple check on part numbers for the diferent locations would tell you if they can be swapped.

3. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

jason, i'm pretty sure the sensors would be the same front or rear. if you needed to check that, just call and ask the parts guy at the store if they have the same part #s for the front and rear.

4. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

No, they are different, at least the connections are. On my '96 350 the plugs front to rear are differnet. Expensive suckers too!