Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OBA Question (not York)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sarasotausmc, Nov 17, 2006.

1. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So, the wife drives a 99 Olds Silhouette van that has an self leveling rear air suspension (stock). I can't seem to find any info about the system online except that the compressor is about $350 from GMPartsDirect and it seems something like that may be a viable option for OBA. I've seen a ton of those vans (or similar GM models) at the junkyards and was wondering if anyone knows if it would be worth experimenting with or not.

The compressor in her van maintains/adjusts the rear suspension and has an outlet for airing up tires/inflatable beds, etc and seems to have a decent CFM (no idea what PSI it puts out). Plus, it's 12V with it's own relays and pressure switch, as well as aux air on/off connection and switch, plus it's small enough to be hidden behind the interior panels of the van.

Any input?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i tried using one from a caddy once and it did not work. It couldn't put out enough CFM or pressure fast enough.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My wifes expedition has the load leveling rear also, so if you are pulling one from a yard it might be an option.