Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OBA question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Muddytazz, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've got most of my OBA stuff gathered up for install. But I've got a question to throw out to the others that have installed or anyone that knows air physics /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm going to be running (2) 5gal air tanks. When I go to run my air line back to the tanks off the manifold should I:

A) Run 1 line to tank-a, then over to tank-b from tank-a

B) Run 2 separate lines from the manifold to each tank separately.

My plan was to have tank-a routed out the front of the burb and tank-b to run to the rear of the burb. Yeah I know its overkill, but what the hell, I like overkill and I'm going to do it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Any input would be appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

hey that was my question,LOL although with the way I changed my shocks I might be able to mount a bigger tank under the rig... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    but I like the idea of having the tanks out of the weather so I was gonna do two small ones on each side of the back end.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It doesn't matter how you run the lines to them. I personally would do it with the least amount of fittings and air line possible. This will make for less chance of leaks. 2 lines would not fill the tanks any faster than 1 would.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Right now i'm leaning towards running 2 separate lines. I'm running a 2" body lift so line routing is of no real concern. I'm just trying to figure out which way is going to be less taxing on the compressor.

5. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

either way will be the same load on the compressor. concern yourself more with where you are going to drain moisture and oil from.

6. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    either way will be the same load on the compressor. concern yourself more with where you are going to drain moisture and oil from.

[/ QUOTE ]

In line oil and water seperator between the pressure release valve and the compressor.