Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Obese lady mad at doctor telling her to lose weight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 89GMCSuburban, Aug 24, 2005.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Clicky!

Pitiful when a doctor can't even tell a patient the truth.

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I saw the doctor on TV this morning being interviewed. The guy was well spoken and pretty much rejected any suggestion that he was wrong. I agree. When I heard the background of the woman and her husband, I had no sympathy for them. She had been told the same thing repeatedly by everyone else too.

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

heard this on thew radio today.. woman should become a darwin award winner imo

4. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

i don't know if people realize how big this could be. if this crap holds up in court, all the doctors will quit. well, not that bad, but it will be a nightmare for doctors. they will be sued up the wazzu for anything they say.

my dad is doing research on how to improve communication between doctors and patients. there is a boatload of $$ in his research and he says it will all be for nil if this FAT woman has her way. some people should just be kicked in the head and set straight.

doc: yes you are fat, if you do not lose significant weight, you will die.
    FAT: forget the dying part, you called me fat, i'm gonna sue you.

how do you like my dialog? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

OH MY F*&#ING GOD!!!!!

What the hell is this world coming to? He, I'm sure, told this apparently extremely porky woman that she's fat and he could lose his liscense to practice in his home state?

Well if he's gonna lose his liscense he should have at the very least smacked her upside the head while he told her that.

That's absolutely ludicrous.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

God forbid a doctor point out the obvious and not have a magic potion to cure all problems. Next thing you know they will tell us to excersise and quit smoking. Bastards. :D

7. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats scary people who are fat seem oversenstized to the fact that they are in fact fat and it is in fact unhealthy. My mother in laws Doc told her that she was fat and needed to lose weight and she couldn't believe how rude he was. Well that was quite a while ago and now she is finally losing weight cause all the stuff he told her is coming true. Man some poeple are just dumb.

8. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Shoot the cow and be done with it.

9. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

It would be real funny if a bunch of people ordered pizzas to be delivered to her house :haha: :rotfl:

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Then she would want to sue Domino's for making her fat. :doah:

11. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I sell custom medical equipment from pediatrics on up through all ages. I see people everyday that are just plain fat. In fact they have gotten so fat that they literally cannot even take care of themselves anymore. They want/need a wheelchair/powerchair to get around and there is no wonder why. It is nothing for me to see women up over 300lbs. and some men over 400lbs. Many of these people blame their obesity on a "disorder" or whatever. BUT I can honestly say that I have never seen a patient that has a diagnosis that would cause obesity. I have seen plenty with diagnosis that are the RESULT of obesity. I do realize that there are some people out there that have a disease that contributes to obesity but that number is extremely low. 99.9% of these people are fat b/c they have sat around most of their lives and just got fatter and fatter to the point that some of them are beyond losing weight. You get to a point where you are so heavy and your body is so weak that it would almost take a miracle for you to lose weight. Another thing to think about is this: 99% of these people are on Medicare or Medicaid so WE pay for their healthcare.