Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ocala,Florida 11/15 .... Rebel Run 02

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Pure Insanity, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

About this time last yr I was trying to plan a weekend trail ride in Ocala national Forrest. After jumping through hoops I finally got PI drivable to make it last yr but I had to pull out because my grandmother was diagnosed w/ cancer and it didnt look good and I didnt want to be far from home and I guess the whole idea just died.

My grandfather passed away in Feb. and my grandmother passed 2 weeks ago tonite. Not looking for sympathy here just want to let everone know that unless there is some other disaster in my life I wont be pulling out this time. Besides as bad as it sounds they are together again, and they are better off. The last few months for both of them were real bad.

So does anyone want to make another go at it? Say early to mid November. Good camping weather, and fairly predictable rains.

2. Pure Insanity

Re: Lets try this again. Florida run anybody?

Here is the thread from last yr. Click here! OH and PUUUHLEASE dont post in the old thread. Leave it gone. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Heck yeah!!! But you already know Im up for a weekend ride in ocala. Falls perfect time too, not near as hot.

4. Pure Insanity

LOL! I knew youd be in. I figured Nov. so that its not too hot to camp and to give everyone, myself included, some tweak time.

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Tweak time is good /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif November gives me time to get lift and tires done

6. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Well I guess I'm game. And after putting BB's in my TSL's I'm more likely to drive them down to the forest /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

whats up red, my tranny will be in,and hopefully the 14-bolt will be locked some way or another.so ill be up for the ride and camping will be nice the cooler weather means that bugs will be kept to a minimum.i've got a friend who wants to come along he's got a toyota pick-up.he gets in to off camber stuff.

8. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

I'm in just tell me when and where.

9. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well....I'd love to go! However, the bad news is on my side this time......I had to attend a friends wedding and there is another one set on the first weekend in Dec.

My boss is kinda pissed at the time I have taken off - I will try to attend! My K5 still needs new front gears and a few other mods before she is ready for hills. The curbs and pot holes here in Key West will have to do until I can get her totally finished. Plus I am making GREAT strides in finishing my boat.....this thing is turning into a major project.

Please keep me posted! I really want to go!

BTW - ALL OF YOU FLORIDA GUYS - I am looking for a HURRICANE plan for my Blazer and Boat. I need a place to park it if the Keys are evacuated. Does anyone know of a place that I can park the K5 and a 25ft boat???? I hope it never happens but I'd love to have a plan incase of the worse!

Thanks

Chris

10. Pure Insanity

Youd have to drive all nite Friday, wheel Saturday, then drive all day back on Sunday to avoid missing any work. It COULD be done but do you really want to. That would be a tough one.

As for your hurricane problem. I am prob too far away to be of any help, but Im sure we can stash your boat and Blazer somewhere if need be. If you want I can take a pic of the area we have for additional parking to see if you would want to use it if need be. Its big enuff, but lotta trees where I live.

11. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

sounds like fun...just keep us posted as the time gets closer. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. bigblueblazer

bigblueblazer Registered Member

im in as long as i dont have to keep pulling you out /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

had fun sanday bro going back up laborday and the pulling him out thing is for pureinsanity jk jk

13. Pure Insanity

Pulling me out?! I seem to remember having the strap out but it wasnt for me. Nah just kiddin. We had some fun, nothing got broken, and noone got stuck. Got quite a few trail stripes though. Those trails we were on were NOT full size friendly. Especially a tall full size.

14. Pure Insanity

OK FL84K5 did some looking and it seems open season starts on 11/11. So I am thinking we best go the weekend of 11/01 or 11/08. Whats best for everyone? These are the 2 weekends it seems we have to choose from. Either way you look at it we have 2 months to prepare. PI is being torn apart and redone so I am gonna need the time. LOL! Hopefully it wont be down long. Id like to get some test and tweak time in before we go.

15. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

My crap better sell!! LOL My goal is to have the lift done and be running on 38's (Hmm, with the zero rates I bet i could run 39 maybe /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) by Ocala. So time is good!

16. Pure Insanity

OK This is a P/M I just got from Jason AKA FL84K5. We may have problems.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    These are what should be the OFFICIAL hunting dates.
    Archery Sept. 21 - Oct. 20
    Muzzleloading Gun Oct. 26 - Nov. 3
    General Gun Nov. 9 - Jan. 19

The site says thay the dates may be different for a wildlife management area, so it might be best to call and find out if Ocala National Forest's dates are the same. By the looks of it, the only time there isnt a seasons going on is during the weekday. But then, they might not use the whole forest either. People DO need place to hike and mountain bike without the hunters interfering.

[/ QUOTE ] So it looks like Ill need to find out if there are any Recreational areas outside of the hunting grounds. If not this may have to wait till Feb.- Mar. </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    People DO need place to hike and mountain bike without the hunters interfering.

[/ QUOTE ] I think its others interfering w/ the hunters. They are the ones w/ the weapons. LOL!

17. TIGHTWORK82 K5

TIGHTWORK82 K5 1/2 ton status

hey i am in, getting my new engine this week should be broke in nice by nov. you wanna meet at big scrub or somewhere else? 4 bucks a night to stay at big scrub. they got bathrooms and runnin water. no elec. we go up there alot on 4 wheelers.(atv's) might drop in a new tranny between now and then but that should be done in a week or so no big deal. i'll call up some more k-5 buddys I am sure they will come.

18. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

hey ill be in ocala this weekend the 7th and 8th!!! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif but for weekend drill.ill scout around to see what i can find,the locals will know where the off camber stuff is in the forest.my truck sould be running but its not now.so ill have to drive my moms camerao /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif speed,speed,speed,is all i can say about that.but in 2 months i sould be ready to go,hopefully a locker in the rear,or just welded up and ill be set.i dont know how my truck will run on the interstate for about 2 hours,so ill have to do a test run,and have your all phone #'s for when somthing blows up /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. lizard

lizard 1/2 ton status

I'm up in Tallahassee but if I can get my ride finished in time I'll be there! Right now I'm looking for a 4.56 and lower open carrier for the 14FF and 4.88 or 5.13 gears set for the 14FF and a D44. Next step is to install a 700R4... youch!

Anyway I'll try to watch this thread... and if aybody has a line on these parts lemme kno!

20. Pure Insanity

I have the D44 4.88s you need. But I need D44 4.56. Got some ya wanna trade? I want to go 4.88 or 5.13s but I will have to do that later. For now I want to be able to get into 4wd. In fact my new sig says it. LOL!