Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OCX Offroad park, Irvine, CA

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, May 5, 2006.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

2. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I like the chevy truck but you really need to work on your steady cam skills, I was starting to get dizzy watching it and kept looking for the Blair Witch.:D

3. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

heh B. Where you at? I was going to drive over and check her out this weekend and take a look around. it did not sound like there was anything to exciting except some mud and a few jumps from what my friend told me.

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Where in Irvine is this park located? It looked like from the video that it might be the Green Belt off of Laguna Canyon Rd. I used to live in South Orange County California. I lived in Mission Viejo since the mid-70's, and moved out to Las Vegas in the early 90's.

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Where in Irvine is this offroad park?

I lived in Irvine for nearly four years when I was in the Corps (at Tustin)... hard to imagine an offroad park there.

***EDIT*** After watching the video, it looks to me like it's near Irvine Lake, off Santiago Canyon Road. Am I close?

Oh, and the other thing... slow down the camera movements!

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

yes, its at irvine lake off of santiago canyon road! I'm probably going out there this weekend if i can get my truck dialed in. ssped, wanna come over and help then we can head over there together, its kinda $$, but i wanna do it once

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

8. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I'd be up for it....but not for $35.

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

yeah, that part sucks, you could passenger with someone for $10 I think

10. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

That is even worse. I will continue to play at Wildomar OHV.
    It is small but it is also free and close to me.

11. ssped

open mouth early and insert foot. I am buried this weekend and I (after quick reality check) would only be able to get there tomorrow afternoon. Friken weekends are worse the weekdays. What are you doin on your truck.

12. ssped

Has anyone climbed the big hill in the back of Wildomar. the one with all the painted rocks that say "Do Not Go down this way!" it looks nasty but doable with a good spotter.

13. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i think its just a u joint and a tranny cooler that I need to do. I was driving in 1st yesterday, and flored it, then it started vibtraring realy bad. The ujoint looks loose.

14. ssped

I Had the diffs set up and geared yesterday and she is finally up and running. I need to add a few deg. shims and she will finally be ready to play hard. I finally have her set up where I want her for a while. no more dumping money into her for now. I have had all kinds of drive train problems. Transmission, Tcase Drivelines and rear Diff are all new in the last few months. My waif is getting tired of her.

15. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

The only time i started that hill, it was dark outside and made me a little nervous.

16. ssped

I went part way down it but chickened out. I was with my daughter and she is not a good spotter yet(workin on that) I reversed it all the way back up. I want to attack it from the Bottom now that I am running the locker.

17. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I only live about 15 miles from there so I could meet you there after your truck is all fixed up.
    Where in SoCal are you...

BTW, there is a shorter way to get to Wildomar if you are coming from Temecula or south along the 15. No need to battle the Ortega.

18. ssped

I am in Mission Viejo. I want to get out there in the next few weeks. The Kid is 14 and loves 4wheelin so maybe the next time she comes over I will hit that up. Maybe next weekend.

I know the back way in from Murietta. I watched My bro almost head on colide his ranger into a f250 coming around a corner on that road. or are you talkin the dirt road that come up the back and dumps you out at the top?

19. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Yeah. It goes from I-15 to Clinton Keith Rd, through La Cresta up to S706 ro whatever the designation is for that road.

I am still working on saving enough $$ for the BBCS from PolyPerformance, then my truck will be ready to go until the next round of mods in a month or 2....

Just have to check to see that Wildomar is open before you drive all the way over the ortega. They shut it down if it even "looks" like it might rain.
    Currently it is open. I also made a sattelite map of the OHV area so I can mark down the "fun" trails.

20. ssped

That would be cool to see. You can mark the trails you like. they are supposed to adding a lot of area to the park sometime. it is a fun area. Have you seen if you can run accross the Main Divide anymore? I was up there a few months ago on my Bike and they have installed a ton of Closed Gates.