Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OCX Offroad Pictures

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BranndonC, Apr 22, 2006.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Took pictures today. Not a great park yet, might be fun if they charged less right now, but not worth a long drive for most people.
    http://projecttorque.googlepages.com/ocxoffroad

2. K30Blazer

K30Blazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

so let me get this straight. They are charging to go cruise around in a construction site with some railroad ties scattered around?

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Here's a review from someone on the so cal site who stayed longer than I did.

The course itself is not too much to look at right now, it is very new and raw, but they have a lot of new obsticals being built, and they are testing all of the stuff with thier own rigs to find out just how tough they are. There is a winding course in the middle of the field that would be just about imposible for a stock jeep to make it, and tough for mildly built rigs. Doable, but a little tough, some nice off camber sections and mud holes for those so inclined. The people running it are very open to suggestions, up to and including offering us the use of thier backhoe to build whatever obstical we want.

There is a pre-runner course with some decent jumps and long sweeping turns to practice your drifting skills.

Lake Irvine is in this nice little valley, totally hidden away, I had no idea that anyplace like this was here. You cannot see or hear any freeway noise, no airplanes flew overhead that I could tell, you could just about forget that you were in the LA basin still. There were a number of photographers out this weekend, and thy plan on updating thier website to show a little more goings on than is ion the site now.

In my opinion, this course could be someplace that is a whole lotta fun, there doesnt seem to be many rules in place right now, but that is okay, there wasn't any hell raisers out this weekend. There are no dirtbikes or quads buzzing around. I feel that as they continue to improve and expand the course(s) over the summer it is going to be a whole lotta fun!

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

looks like it could have potential and I wouldn't mind going and checking it out just for fun but as it sits right now I'd rather go to Azusa or even Gorman. Oh and what is with the prices? isn't it really expensive?

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

6. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

That place looks kewl, nice pics Branndon. Seems a little expensive to me also and did i read right that you have to have auto insurance?

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i dont know. They didn't check mine probably because I wasn't offroading