Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Odd Ball Request...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by loafer, Jan 5, 2005.

1. loafer

loafer 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a factory throttle valve for a 700R4, it looks like this one:
    http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/hot/

I tried getting a new one at the dealer but they don't sell the part seperate, I would have to buy the entire valve body for $400.00 (I can get a a whole tranny for that!).

Does anyone have a junk 700 that still has the stock throttle valve? My tranny has an aftermarket one, similar to Bowtie Overdrives, that was installed by the PO. I've decided I don't like it and it hurts fuel economy.

Thanks!

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

valve info

go to any tranny shop thay will most likly give you 1 . thay are a dime a dozen.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Go to a local tranny shop and you should be able to get one out of a used core dirt cheap :thumb:

4. loafer

loafer 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys! Didn't really think of that.

I'll check out a couple of tranny shops.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

used parts is good parts

I'd say a tranny shop too!--Or maybe a local repair shop or the scrapyard will have a few 700R4's in the scrap pile--I know I could get a whole junk tranny for parts without too much searching in my area--in fact,I scrapped a few of them myself in the past few weeks-
    -One 700R4 my friend replaced at his shop,along with a NP208 case was still good--we think the customers wife knocked the transfer case into neutral accidently,and the truck naturally wouldn't move--the husband/owner insisted on putting a rebuilt tranny and used transfer case in,so he installed it,but told him the tranny probably wasnt the problem--the guy didnt care,he said he tows his boat and plows with the truck,so he wanted a new drivetrain--must be nice to be rich,and throw good stuff away--I sold the pair for 150 bucks as rebulildable cores,even though it probably could have been used as it was..:crazy: