Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Odd grill swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bear76, Jan 12, 2007.

1. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I have an 83' m1009 with the headlights over the driving/turn signal light. I perfer the look of the stacked dual headlight. (NOT the 91' style) Is the rad. support the same making the switch easy?

2. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

I dont know about the rad support but u mean like this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

from what i understand you are saying, you have a single headlight setup now. if that is the case, the core support is different fo the stacked headlight, as a matter of fact, all different headlight combo's are different core supports.

4. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'd stick with the singles. You can get a really kick ass set of H4 head lights for the single. The double (quad lights) bring the suck. Not good aftermarket lights available. Too small of reflectors.

Mine sucked so bad even after the best sylvania's Had HALF the range of the Hella H4's in my 4Runner and my wife's sealed beam in her Honda are still better. I could out drive the lights on dark back roads at 55mph. I ended up putting some Hella Ralley 1000's and wired them to come on with the high beams to solve the problem.