Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Odd question. High school related.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My best friend has two daughters in high school. Anyways, I'm thinking ahead for Christmas, and was thinking maybe PDA's. Can kids use PDA's in school ?? (Note; I'm looking at used PDA's on ebay. I've found quite a few in my target price range)

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

We were in my hs...

But we had alot of freedoms like open campus and some parents who had power and were all about their kids freedom and education (I'm from lexington, MA -birthplace of the american revolution.). Depends on the school I guess.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What do you think of the PDA idea ?? Would they be good for my bro's teenage girls ??

4. B_to_C

If they like being organized then yea. You know, some people are into that (I am, I got a file cabinet for my graduation present) and some people aren't :thinking:

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The PDA's I'm looking at have MP3 player in them. I can't afford Ipods, but a MP3 player seams too be pretty poppular these days.

6. B_to_C

well then def. teenagers love their music :saweet:

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Ofcorse they're used, but I am kind of looking at the Sony CLIÉ PEG-N760C ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Manufacturer: Sony
    Features:
    # High-resolution reflective color display includes front lights for excellent visibility indoors and outdoors
    # Built-in MP3 audio player; includes stylish headphones and remote control
    # 16 MB total memory: 8 MB internal memory, plus 8 MB Memory Stick
    # Jog Dial navigator allows you to access phone numbers, notes, and more while keeping your other hand free
    # What's in the box: Clie Handheld, Headphones, Audio Remote Controller, USB HotSync Cradle, Detachable AC Adapter, Memory Stick (8MB), Stylus, Installation CD-ROM, Application Guide, Graffiti Sticker, Protective Cover [​IMG]

8. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

im in high school, and my sister is too and most of the girls i know, wouldent even know what a pda is.

honestly MP3 players are much cooler. ipods rock, but are kindof pricey, the other brands are cool to tho.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This PDA is in my price range. Thier father doesn't want them to have Ipods, (thinks they would be stolden too easily) but they might get away with a PDA with a MP3 player if it can be used in school. I just that the MP3 player part of it would be cool for them.

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

If you're thinking something they can use in school, get them a thumbdrive. They fit into USB ports, and eliminate the need for floppy disks or cd's to transfer files from class to class to home. I know I'd use one a lot.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that PDA would hold many MP3's.

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Not to knock your idea, but most kids want the real deal or nothing. High schoolers are all about using name brands and "cool" things to make people like them. A PDA, despite the cool MP3 feature, may seriously take away from their, like, you know... Popularity... :rolleyes:

You can buy the PDA for me, though... I like being organized, and I like MP3's :D