Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Odd request.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thefarside, Jul 29, 2003.

1. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

Anyone know were I can get the piece weld in panel that is in the area of the cab corner? It is curved and ties in the body to the cab corner. It also is/was also supposed to keep crap out of the rocker panel(so take a guess on what my rockers look like /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. I have tried to make one but I can never seem to get the curve correct.

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

LMC, Tabco....

Using these as a search criteria will give you more info, and possibly links to their websites....

3. thefarside

I am not sure what they would call the part though. None of the pictures looks like the part I need.

4. thefarside

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone know were I can get the piece weld in panel that is in the area of the cab corner? It is curved and ties in the body to the cab corner. It also is/was also supposed to keep crap out of the rocker panel(so take a guess on what my rockers look like /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. I have tried to make one but I can never seem to get the curve correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, also the cover for the gas filler neck on the inside passenger side.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

LMC sells the gas filler cover. PN 32-3330 price is $19.95

The gasket for the cover is PN 32-3332 and the price is $12.95

It's on page 105 of the latest LMC catalog.

Rene

6. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I got the gas filler cover at a dealership for about the same price as LMC's gasket, might want to check into it & save a couple bucks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    got the gas filler cover at a dealership for about the same price as LMC's gasket, might want to check into it & save a couple bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did too. Stupid thing is, the bed to cover seal is more expensive than the actual cover even through GM. I can't see paying $10 for the cover, and $13 for a foam seal.

8. thefarside

[ QUOTE ]
    LMC sells the gas filler cover. PN 32-3330 price is $19.95

The gasket for the cover is PN 32-3332 and the price is $12.95

It's on page 105 of the latest LMC catalog.

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

9. thefarside

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    got the gas filler cover at a dealership for about the same price as LMC's gasket, might want to check into it & save a couple bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did too. Stupid thing is, the bed to cover seal is more expensive than the actual cover even through GM. I can't see paying $10 for the cover, and $13 for a foam seal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loath going to the dealer, they are so expensive and such a pain in the ass to deal with.

For example:

When I rebuilt the front-end of my 80' Blazer I noticed that when the lift was installed that the pit arm was never changed. So I installed a new one. The only problem was the nuts that hold the arm are locking and should only be used once. So when I went down to the dealership to buy them I was told this was a custom order and that they could only order them in a bag of 5. I only needed 3. So I had to pay for 2 I did not need. WTF!

10. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Sometimes GM is the way to go, sometimes not. Electrical parts and body parts, I still think GM can't be beat. (not with price, with quality and fit)

However, having to buy things in 5 packs or whatever is kind of odd, not much incentive for a dealer to stock stuff like that which will end up sitting on the shelf because no one needs either 5, or 2 if they sell the 3 that you needed.