Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ode to tools!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dysphemism, Apr 22, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Well for the 2nd time this month the tools I carry in my 72 have saved my ass from very embarassing situations. Today, I was driving around and my clutch linkage came off at a VERY busy intersection. I was like oh crap talk about embarassing. Well I hopped out quick like a rabbit and popped it back on long enough to get me to the shoulder. Then I reached for my handy dandy coat hanger I had in the rig from the time my keys feel down the space between the window and the door (looking down on it) and made a cotter pin out of it! Ta-da. Also, about 2 weeks ago, I went with my fraternity to Santa Cruz. Well they love the rig, so I took it up there. Well when I got there I noticed I was losing air FAST on my drivers side rear tire. It was way low too, so going home wasn't going to happen. I figured out it was the valve stem, and went to work. Grabbed my ratchet set I had in the back from the time I took off my rear axle, and tightened it. once again, ta-da, it took air. So yeah I'm just glad I have some tools and stuff to rig my truck. I think I need to invest in some more.

2. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yeah having tools in your rig is awsome. I always have my box o' trail goodies that includes one os theose roadside emergancy kits and a 246piece craftsman toolkit.