Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

odiak sidewinder steps

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by terrier72, Oct 5, 2005.

1. terrier72

terrier72 1/2 ton status

There were a few post about these a while back, i was thinking about purchasing a set of them and i was wondering how the people that had these felt about them. I was also wondering where the best place to buysidewinder a set of them is? THere was a post by someone here that use to sell them, but Im not sure if he still does.

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

back in highschool buddy of mine had em on his dodge ram. When they were up and driving down the road, sonofaguns never quit rattlin. I dont know how he dealt with it.

3. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

What do you want ot put them on? They only make em for the newer trucks (or they did). I suppose you could fab something to work, but then theyd hang down and wouldnt be hidden.

4. The Butcher

The Butcher 1/2 ton status Premium Member

They rattle, and we always had problems with the two sets we installed at the 4x shop I worked at back in 1998. Seems like every couple of months one or the other guy would come in to have us figure out why one step didn't come down, or why it was permanently stuck in the down position. Those two instances alone were enough to convince me to not ever mess with them. When I saw the fold-down running boards from Dee-Zee I assumed that the same problems probably exist. Seems like it should be an easy concept, but concept and practical application are often two different things.

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Those running boards are SAWEET!! My neighbor has em on his excursion, they come down nice and low and tuck up so you cant even see them. However, Dee Zee doesnt make them.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

take an 18" piece of heavy chain... take the middle 6" and weld the links together so they are basically a "bar" and can't move anymore.... bolt each end to something sturdy on your rockers and there ya go... good step to help get in and if you want it out of the way you just flip ip up into the cab after you get in. If you wanted to be really bling, you could have a magnet mounted on the floor there so the chain would stay in one place and not fly around. :)

j