Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

odometer turned over

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChrisM72beast, Mar 13, 2002.

1. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Just turned over my odometer for the first time since I bought her. She had apprx 28,000 miles 5 years ago. Unfortunately, the first two and a half years were spent trying to get it running for two weeks in a row. Now it's mechanically "sound" and I'm stoked.
    Just tooting my own horn.

Chris M

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

RIGHT ON DUDE.
    Mine is just about to also. A few more thousand and it will roll over. I'll take a picture of it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I bought my blazer a little over 3 years ago and it had like 60,000 something on it i think.

I said that when it got close to turning over, i was going to go ahead and do the autometer phantom whiteface gauges i've always dreamed about... that way i could keep track of the total miles even easier since i bought it...
    If only i had the money to do things like that... the gauges aren't necessities, just dress up stuff. My 1 ton axle swap should come first./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Cool beans. I shot a picture of my odometer rolling over. I am not exactly sure about how many times it's rolled over in its life, but I was told that it rolled over at least 5 times before I got the Blazer. It had some very faded 250,000 Mile Club stickers in the wing windows, so I don't doubt that is true.

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Damn! That is alot of miles!
    I was told mine had rolled over once (no one but God knows for sure) and it is around 40k now. I will be wating a while for it to roll over again!

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Damn Steve Thats A LOT of miles!

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it's a lot of miles, but I haven't a clue as to when the thing will be elegible for the Million Mile Club, or if it has already gone that far. I guess I can wait until I put another 400K on it myself and then I'll know for sure that it's over a million...