Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OEM or URETHANE? Rubber or Poly?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by _DeeVee8_, Apr 13, 2000.

1. _DeeVee8_

_DeeVee8_ 1/2 ton status

Looking for this best overall replacement part for the MONEY of course...and the the durability--MY '84 has some pretty hashed rubber bushings in the steering linkages and I think that's part of the reason for my rig drifting around on the roads-- even though the steerign wheel aint move an inch!

so? what's the best deal(anyone in the business of SELLING this stuff please stay out-- I want real testimonials to reply!!!-- Rubber = Flex Poly = ?? and where does the differences in money fall?
    - -DeeVee8

[​IMG]

"The only gun control this country needs is a steady hand".-- [​IMG]

2. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

When I Checked into mine the urethane bushings were ALOT cheaper than the OEM rubber replacements.Being a poor,working man I opted for the cheaper Urethane ones.I didn't do any checking besides asking the price diff where I ordered them,so you might try to shop around.I've heard that the OEM rubbers will reduce squeeking and give a bit of a smoother ride.

<font color=green>Yes,I have driven over a F*&d lately!</font color=green>[​IMG]

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

What I've heard is: rubber body mount bushings are better (less vibration & noise), and GREASABLE poly suspension bushings are best (very little slop and play, grease keeps squeaks and rust away)

My 2 cents...

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I replaced mine when I did my body off rebuild. I went with the poly due to wear out and body roll of OEM. The poly are stiffer then the rubber. But that's ok. I saved about $150.00 on the poly instead of the rubber. If you get the Black ones they don't squik and are great in my opion! you do get some more noise due to the lack of the soft insolation, But I'm planning on puting a piece of rubber between the body and the mount. The rubber I am going to use is a mud flap off a 18 wheeler.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"