Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oem rear spring flex question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DougK20, Feb 21, 2003.

1. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

I am looking for more articulation (droop specifically) from my stock rear springs. Unfortunately, I am still running a stock 3/4 ton pack on torsion shackles w/4" blocks. I measured the droop with the shocks attached & removed. No difference at all! I want to do the shock relocation mod (have all supplies), but no point yet. My question concerns the clamps that wrap around the spring pack. The front one has a bolt through the top. The rear is a formed clamp. Would it help to remove the bolt on the front and/or cut the upper part of the clamp off the rear? By allowing the springs to seperate some, would this allow more droop/articulation?

Eventually, I'll do ORD shackle flip and new springs. But until then, would this help? Do you have any other ideas (cheap/free)? Thanks in advance!!! Doug

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you really shouldn't post the same thread in multiple forums, check your one in the 73-91 forum I replied there.