Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

of all things..... a tooth question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 55Willy, Aug 4, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I chipped my rear most toorh on the left side (almost said drivers side,LOL) back in march and have had no problems with it hurting or anything excpet for constantly digging food out of the pocket. it chipped the front and front lower portion off. yesterday it started hurting as did the gums aroudn it. I had to sleep with a object in my mouth back there to keep preasure on the tooth so it wouldn't hurt. well today it got real bad to where i was like a baby teething, i contantly had to have soemthing back there, well I just chipped off another piece and my tongue can't leave it alone,LOL.

what are my options?
    I have a feeling they will either have to cap it or root canal it. what kinda price tag am I looking at?

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

do you know what a cat-tail is? or a bull-rush?

inbetween the leaves there is a clear jelly, that is a natural anistedic, rub it on your gums, it will numb the pain. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

this 24oz beer seams to be helping,LOL

thats probably why my tteth are so soft, that and I'm lactose intolorant.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I'll bet they'll have to root canal it since it's hurting and you chipped a bunch of the tooth off. I broke a tooth years ago and the crown ran me about $600. Later on the crown started leaking and I needed a root canal that ran me about $400 when I had it done a few months ago. The new replacement crown is going to run me about $700. My old crown and my new one are gold since that's the most durable. Plus it gives me some bling for the ladies. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

Since it's your rear-most tooth, you could probably just have it pulled and leave it at that, but I'm of the opinion that you should keep as many teeth in your mouf as possible...

Biggest thing - Take care of it NOW. Pretty much all dentists do financing so if you don't have insurance you can take advantage of that.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

dental at work is 50% for root canals and then payments from there. Also i would pull it and leave it but with my mouth size I only have 26 teeth (Full set for an adult is 32)

you know it hurts when you think of them breaking it out with some pliers and that sounds good,LOL /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

never knew that,thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that's what i was going to suggest. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif oh and your right about milk. i drink that all day long and my snags are all sill here. CALCIUM /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Just get dentures /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

go to your local health store and get a bottle of clove oil its a natural numbing solution and works awesome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I just had to have a filling redone. An old one fell out. It was $166 for the composite filling. I've never had to have a cap.

11. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

The sooner the cheaper. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif