Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Off-Road Adventures mag (4WPW)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigjbear, Oct 8, 2003.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Anybody else get the new Off-Road Adventures mag (4WPW) yesterday? Check out that new K-5 front clip, or the whole kit for an S-10.

Hmmm, my dad has an S-10 Blazer w/ a 4.3 he is selling and I have an extra D44/12B combo, extra 700R4/208 combo, and 5 33x12.50s /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Honney where did you hide the checkbook?!

For those who haven't seen it yet it's a couple of body replacement kits from Tatonka, the guys who made the Bummer bodies. One is a complete swap for S-10 Blazers, one is a complete swap for K-5s & Tahoes, or you can get the stuff to do just a front clip swap. It is an intresting alternative to just cutting the fenders or doing varoius cab swaps.

Here are some pics, but I don't know if their site alows remote linking so I'll put the link up to the site for you to surf for yourselfs, too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the link in case of the dreaded <font color="red">red X </font> http://4x4grunt.com/index.htm

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Interesting...that second one kinda looks like a jeep hood. THAT would be original on a K5. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

And the first one looks like a freightliner.

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

The second pic and the two on the right do look a little "jeepish", the one in the rag looked more like the one on the left w/ the woman on it. The high headlights give it more of a one off look, although it has just a tinge of the Liberty w/ the sculpted hood. That is the one I liked.
    [ QUOTE ]
    ...that second one kinda looks like a jeep hood. THAT would be original on a K5

[/ QUOTE ]
    So I guess that would mean you like it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But...That is one of the S-10s not the K-5, so no royalty check for you /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I like the second one a lot. Hell I wish they still made the Bummer. I would love to build one of those, the one that competed in TTC a few years back was my dream machine.

5. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

Pretty cool stuff but the first pic looks suspiciously like the dog van from Dumber and Dumber. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

read the offroad adventures, those are some sweet kits. I wish the tatonka guys would make a fiberglass cab that was cab only tho... i wanna flatbed the rear and tube the front... all that leaves is the cab, and it'd be sweeeet saving lots of weight by having a fiberglass cab. I hear tatonka already has a waiting list going for the runt and grunt tho... so Im prolly outta luck. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so no royalty check for you

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif