Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Off Road Design 1" body lift

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by jrsheets, Mar 15, 2004.

1. jrsheets

jrsheets Registered Member

Off Road Design 1\" body lift

Hey everyone, im new to this forum just like to say hello. Anyway, Im in the process of replacing the rear cab floor panels from the rear seat to the tailgait on my 85 K5. The body mounts have come up through the body and rusted out. Along with the tail pan basically gone. So im in the market for some new body mounting. Does the 1 inch kit come with everything i will need to totally replace with whole body mount setup, or will i need to buy some parts. Im not sure what is still good on the stock mounts yet. Is there ways to "wing it" without using the expensive mounts ive seen in catalogs. Some funny washers that cost $10 a piece? Thanks everyone, let me know if you've had to do similar work to your rig.

2. cj7jeep81

cj7jeep81 1/2 ton status

Re: Off Road Design 1\" body lift

You will need to buy new body mounts (which ORD sells). The body lift doesn't include or replace them.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: Off Road Design 1\" body lift

Luckily the rear doesn't use any goofy stock "washers", it's pretty simple stuff. You will need a mount kit and the body lift, they're separate kits but once the floor is back in, get the kits and you'll be set. Between the 2, you have everything you need.