Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Off Road Design

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

as many of you know, ORD just had a great big sale for the holidays.

10% off catalog prices, and discounts on shipping on certain items. SWEET!

so on the 5th i call and ordered the set of 3" TC EZ Ride springs for the rear of my truck. website plainly says $350 for the pair, i assume, $350 - $35 (10% discount) = $315 for a set of springs. not a bad deal, and from a company that i have dealt with in the past, and have had good dealings with. i didnt hesitate to order. i called and spoke with a nice woman, she knew what i was working on (apparently they keep track :dunno: ), and was generally very pleasant. i was then told that a total would be figured when they got an actual shipping number from TC. not a problem, as this is again a company i trust based on my previous dealings.

i'm going through last night balancing my checkbook, and see a charge to ORD for $398. WHOA!!! im not in CO, so they cant charge me sales tax, which means either the springs were not priced correctly, or TC just raped me on shipping to the tune of $83.

so today when i get home from work, i call and ask for a breakdown on the order. i'm told $342 for springs, and $56 for shipping. this is where i begin to have a problem. initially the woman i spoke with was very helpful, then i was transferred back to the woman who i placed the order with. she then told me how the website price was correct at $380 for the IFS springs. no... i'm looking at the website and it plainly says, 3" $350 5" $360.

after speaking with her, and getting nowhere, i am transferred to what i believe to be Stephen (although he never mentioned his name, so i could be wrong). basically i told him of the transaction, and my displeasure with the transaction. he then begins to offer up solutions, well, a solution. we can turn the springs around. so i'm stuck with no springs, and no better deal then what i already have from another supplier. that just doesnt make sense, they're on their way, just keep them coming. i still maintained that i am not satisfied with the transaction, as the springs were a full $30 more expensive than the website advertised. i mean, this is a company who supports CK5, i've had great dealings with in the past, i guess i just expected too much. as the gentleman on the phone put it "darn, you found out we're not superhuman." great, not only are you not giving me the advertised price, but you're going sarcastic on me. VERY professional. :rolleyes: i'm then given a line about "we cant update every price on our website, blah blah blah". finally, i end the call, springs still on the way, nothing really resolved. and he is fully aware of my intent to make this very post.

so as im searching for the proper "Vendor Feedback" section, i come across this post.
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189096
    how odd... another member with exactly the same complaint... and exactly the same "reason" given that they cannot adhere to the advertised pricing.
    odd, he got the advertised pricing. why didnt i?

overall, i'm not so sure that i'll ever be ordering from, or recomending ordering from ORD ever again. its really a shame that a company that many people hold so highly around here cant even take care of its customers by updating prices on their website once in a while, and then gets all sarcastic on a paying customer when they call them on the mistake.

ORD, enjoy the money, it's the last you'll ever be getting from me. :mad:

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Yeah, they seem to have Internet issues, and their general solution is "use the phone", whether it's for sales or support.

Due to the complexity of some stuff -- Doublers, say -- I understand that ... but putting one price on the web and then failing to keep it updated is bad business, even it's legal.

::shrug:: At least I *got* my Doubler within a coupla weeks of ordering it ... I gather one of the locals took six months to get his. :dunno:

-- A

3. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Wow. I had nothing but good dealings with them. I hope this is just a misunderstanding and can get resolved quickly.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

screen cap so there's absolutely no question of a misread price guide...
    [​IMG]

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

it has been "resolved", i'll be getting my springs in a few days, and the $398 actually came out of my account today.

i stand to make no monetary gain by placing the order through someone else, thanks to the 30% shipping discount through TC, and they're already on the way. what would be the point of cancelling so i could order from somewhere else, for the same price, only to have them show up nearly a week later. :dunno:

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

ORD has been slowly going down hill.

I go out of my way to go to other vender's,because I will get the product alot faster then ORD.

I ordered a set of new rims from Jeg's,had them shipped to Kert @ DIY. He made custom beadlock outer's,and welded the inner's on the rims. Sent them back to me in CA. In less time then it took to get 2 set's of zero rates from ORD around last X-mas.

7. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

wow i dont know what to say about that... i also have had great transactions in the past with them, and this crap is making me think otherwise about giving them more business

8. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sadly I had a similar issue the last time I ordered something. I believe it was D60 kingpin springs and bushings. I called and order, they said that the price was "whatever" two or three $ more than what was listed on the website, fine. Then they charged me $12 to ship them:eek1: Package had to be less than 2lbs. It also took 6 buisness days to get to me, I ship UPS all the time and its a 4 day ground ground to Colorado:confused: . I order hoping to get them before a big trailride but instead I ended up using washers, which didn't help. So on what I thought was a $17 part IIRC I spent over $30.

9. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have spent what I consider a lot of money with ORD. The quality of their parts is great, BUT I ran in to the same problem when I ordered my crossover. Website pricing and actual pricing when I called to order were different. They flat out refused to honor their advertised price. they said they would help me out on shipping. so I ordered it.

Got called back the next day and told they did not have all the parts I had ordered and they would substitute used parts if I still need this quickly. they were short a TRE and the used one they had was only installed and never driven with. At this point I need the stuff to go wheeling in a few days and am out of options. "OK send it"

In the end I paid over what they advertised, feel like I paid full price for shipping and everything wasn't even new. Makes me mad still thinking about it almost a year later.

that was the last time I ordered something, the time before wasn't the smoothest transaction either. I probably will not buy anything else from them unless I can not make it myself and they are the only ones who have it.

10. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

I think the vendors that go above and beyond are realizing the size of the K5(chevy truck) community. How ORD has missed that Im not sure but Ive tried to get responses on here and via the internet about parts I already own and they were in no hurry. Ive contemplated selling my ORD stuff but then I would have to take it off and replace it. So on it stays(for now). Vendors should understand that they are just that someone we CHOOSE to spend our money with. They arent the only one for sure. Id almost rather spend an extra dollar or two and get someone who gives a $#!@.
    -end of rant- sorry:o

11. otisringle

otisringle 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about ordering some junk from them.....Think ill buy else where now...

12. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

I had mixed experience with them lately. about a month ago i order the weld on frame repair kit online, put in my shipping address where i live now. they ship it to my mom's house 45 miles away from me (i had something sent there a few years back). So i have to drive up there and use 5-6 gallons of gas @ 2.70/gal, adds a bit of cost to that brace and wastes 2 hours of my time.

so i call them and they mention they "are only human" and make mistakes, but give me a $20 shipping credit, so ended up ok, but still a pita.

Ordered a x-over steering setup the other day, didn't have everything in stock, but billed me the discounted price from the website and although i haven't got it yet, haven't had any probs so far...

13. 58 apache

58 apache 1/2 ton status

I actually called today to order a 6" tuff country had similar price quote differences. needless to say i'm still looking.....any ideas? i try to support k5 venders but...

14. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

wow, 15 people viewing this...

15. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

forgot that I had the same thing happen to me. first time I ever ordered something I was still living at home. Took them 2 more orders to finally change my address and I never order anything over the computer. I call and make sure its right and it still went to my dad's house. I really want to buy stuff from them because it's good quality but sometimes its to much:mad: .

16. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I think a good number of us have ordered stuff from them. I know I have, I was happy. But that was back in 1999.

Keeping your internet site prices up to date is paramount, I don't know how anybody could have so little control over their website that they can't update a price within a couple of minutes. That's just not good business, period.

17. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i recieved my 6" front kit yesterday without a problem. I did have a couple miss understandings. one was with the shipping discount. seemed high for a 30% discount, but once i got it yesterday, i plugged everything into ups.com and with the discount, it was very close to what i paid (within a dollar). also it took longer than i thought to get them (two weeks to the day i called), but as the lady said on the phone, TC was closed due to inventory and didn't ship anything.

I probably would do another order with them IF they sold something I needed for a better price vs. quality than i can find elsewhere.

18. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I concur.... for multiple reasons...

i like ORD and am saddened to see so many complaints recently..

19. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Same here. Bummer.

20. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

They have a disclaimer on their website to cover just such an issue.
    Here is a screen capture just so there is no confusion.
    New Picture.jpg

I can understand the frustration but they make it pretty clear that the prices do change.

I am in Construction and I got quotes two years ago that were good for 60 to 90 days. Now when I call for price quotes they are good for the day they are given only.
    The market has changed and businesses suffer because they can't always get everything updated instantly.

I think it is very unreasonable on your part to think that something like a website should be updated instantly when the prices they pay could change on a weekly basis.

New Picture.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.