Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Off Road Expo

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Just rolled in from the Expo, holy cow I'm tired!!! Got there right at 9, when the doors opened and I guess I wasn't one of the first 500 to get the free weekend in Laughlin . Anway, took two rolls of film, wasn't near enough. Took some shots of disco trucks, some tech photos and some tube bender pics; one just to oogle and another that may give some people ideas. Saw the TubeShark, that thing is wild. Saw this water jet thingy that was chewing up metal like tomorrow; got a possible club donation (another post ), and for those of you that are wondering, RyanB, y'all have to go over to the Non4x4 forum to read about it. Got a crapload of stuff from vendors, probably take a fews days to read since I'm wasting drinking time telling y'all this stuff. I'll get the pics back sometime this upcoming week and I'll post them.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool i love going to shows like that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Didn't put in the first post. Took me three hours to go through, and when I went back to the SCORE booth to get Baja 1000 shirts, I was going by booths that I didn't see on the first pass. And next year it's suppose to be twice as big. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I want this truck, i bet that thing can take a serious beeting.
    [​IMG]

5. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm headed down to it tomorrow, had to work today, hope none of the vendors head home early... Anyway, is it bigger than last year?

6. the indoor exhibits are about the same, but there are more trucks outside this time. i was hoping that equal will ahve an exhibit there but i did not find them /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. willyswanter

I'm headed out to it right now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Ditto on all mentioned. That was the best show I have been to in a long time. I even picked up a set Beards for a good price. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Didn't pay too much attention to that truck. I did though get a decent look at those two red trucks across from it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

That was a good price they had going. Too bad I didn't have the cash and I'm just a tad too big for them. Oh well, I'm set on Mastercraft.

11. willyswanter

Just got back from it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Didn't buy anything though, oh well, maybe next time... Anyway, I took about 60 pictures today, many of the Avalanche F250 that ran the Ultimate Adventure /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Had a slight case of rock rash...

[​IMG]

12. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

damn. i guess they sure did wanna abuse that truck. new truck with torn up sheetmetal just dont' look right but hey at least it ain't no trailer queen. later.

jacob

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Didn't even look at that side of the truck.

14. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Great show, I hit it on sat. lot of flexing trucks at that place.

15. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Well I was checking that truck out quite closely and did you notice (here's a surprise) no front driveshaft! Wait it gets better, no pinion gear either, hold on just one second maybe he knows something that I don't, but he doesn't even have front axle shafts /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif! That divorced 205/4l80e was a bit long and he clocked the T-case in such a way that it looks like he could never run a front shaft (and if he could it would be 6' long). I wasn't REAL impressed by the Ultimate Adventure super duty, I was hoping for more than 6'' blocks in the back and stock position shocks, but you gotta respect any rig that can get through upper helldorado! Did anyone see the radio flyer wagon with I-beams and coilover's/4link? that was cool! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif This guy had a D44 setup that was a joke www.bcbroncos.com can't find many pics but look under his pictures section and look at the first picture.

16. willyswanter

Yep, I noticed all that too. And yeah, with the superduty, I saw those blocks and couldn't figure it out, but, did it have any lift on it other than that? I can't remember if they put any lift springs in the front... And yeah, that wagon was pretty sweet, little itty bitty coilovers with resevoirs /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Were alot more bling bling trucks there this year though...

17. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Ok, I know I'm new to wheeling but...how can these guys wheels when they have so much stuff hanging down in the middle. I would think any size bump and the long wheel base would turn them into a teder-toder.... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

18. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Checked out that site, and noticed he sells the F*rd shock towers for $11 more than the dealerships do! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

19. willyswanter

Those trucks are desert racing trucks, they don't care about ground clearance, they just race across the desert at high speed and all they need is great gobs of wheel travel.

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And plus most of them are almost fully skid plated on the bottom also.