Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Off road project

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by johnnieg, Oct 11, 2004.

1. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

I am doing a project for my Comp class about "Off-roading and it's impact on environment and society." I have to get both sides of the issue so I've looked around the Sierra Club and similar sites. If you guys know of any good organizations, pro or con, regarding our sport, I coud use the help. Thanks.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Blue Ribbon Coalition................

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

4. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am doing a project for my Comp class about "Off-roading and it's impact on environment and society." I have to get both sides of the issue so I've looked around the Sierra Club and similar sites. If you guys know of any good organizations, pro or con, regarding our sport, I coud use the help. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares, just try to convince your class mates that not off-roading distroys the environment.
    Something about over poulution due to too much internet ussage and needing to burn fossle fules to supply the energy. That if everyone were to go wheeling instead, less fuel would be burnt.
    Just lie.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

J/K

How about the DOT around you, natinal forest??? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Go to the National Forest websites (start at: www.usda.gov)
    each forest has a travel and impact plan filed periodically, a big one on our side of the hill was for the Mesa: http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/gmug/policy/

scroll down to "Travel Management" and it has all sorts of impact reports, environmental analysis, and the final plan for GMUG (Grand Mesa, Uncompaghre, Gunnison forests).

Good Luck!