Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Off-road truck show

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by muddermilitia, Oct 5, 2006.

1. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Just heard about an Off-road truck this saturday, October 7 in Crystal lake Illinois. its 12PM-4PM at the Main Beach Park 300 Lakeshore Drive Crystal Lake, IL 60014.

There's going to be a show and a swap meet(4X4 parts only!), Live music, beer garden, 4WD vendors, and food vendors. I've never been to it before but I have heard from friends that it is a good show. I also heard that its not only for show queens either. My friend said last year there were a few rock buggys and trail rigs. Hope to see you there!

2. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

dopn't waste ur time most of the people are yuppies with too much money. And as far as the other stuff i wouldn't count on alot of it. I know alot of people that are going to be in it. There stuff is pretty hacked together.

3. muddermilitia

Well I did go there, the show was ok, maybe 40 trucks mostly heeps. But hey it was free to get in. And I kinda like looking at trail trucks more than show trucks. Most of the trucks there were beat up trucks with body damage, mud covered parts, there was even a jeep on one-tons that had his front driveshaft zip-tied to one of his four-links. You can see pictures here.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2186902/8

4. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

did that flat black k-5 have a drive shaft yet? ive worked on that one before i remember when it was just a frame

5. muddermilitia

No he didn't have a front shaft. I could see that his exhaust was in the way.

6. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

yea, he said he was going to change that before the show, he keeps talking about geting rid of it because the body is not perfect:screwy: