Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Off Roading in Az

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Daveytree, Nov 12, 2000.

1. Daveytree

Daveytree Registered Member

I am moving to Arizona soon and I want to do as much 4 bying as I can but I want to know if there is anything I should know regarding laws or whatever.

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

What part of Arizona are you moving too? I'm in Tucson and its a little weird down here. You can be on this side of the street but not THAT side on every second tuesday of the third month without getting a ticket depending on the policemans mood.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

3. FWP

FWP CRS

With a blazer- No worries mate[​IMG]. Lifted pick-ups have to have mudflaps[​IMG], but that's about it. Just moved here myself a couple months ago.....

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

4. Daveytree

Daveytree Registered Member

I am going to be in the Kingman area. My wife and I were there for a few days. We noticed several areas where it looked like people had been having some fun with their trucks. Up in Oregon where I am from, you have to have an off road permit issued by the DMV. Even then, you can get into real trouble if you aren't careful. I just want to avoid any type of legal problems. I am all for good clean fun. Thanks for the reply.

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

The person you want to get ahold of is Clintsk5. He's up there in Kingman also. He'll fill you in on the details. It sounds like he's always looking for an excuse to get offroad, and it sounds like showing the new guy in town where to "wheel" is the perfect excuse.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

6. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

HECK YA!!!...Welcome to Kingman!!!!We have some pretty cool trails here!!!!...Johnny law is pretty cool too.....We have one Highway patrol officer that will bust your balls if your "pick-up' is lifted with no mudflaps,that's about it!

7. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Man...gone for a day at work and a afternoon getting the wisdom teeth yanked, and this post is way down the list!

8. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Are you going to be here before our planned trip to Crown King on december 2nd?

9. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Again, I have another football game. Last one of the season, but then I'll spending all my money on Xmas so take some pics. I would like to make a run to Rocky Point during the spring too.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

10. FWP

FWP CRS

While you're Christmas shopping, buy me a digital camera so I can take some pics[​IMG][​IMG].... Just kidding[​IMG]

Sorry you can't make it.

[​IMG]

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

11. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

December 2nd....Lake Pleasant turn-off, off of highway 74.....8:00 a.m....Crown King????...

12. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

..When are you moving to Kingman?