Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

off-roading in NJ

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudRebel350, May 27, 2000.

1. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Does anyone live or know of any trails in Central/Southern NJ, that are any good. I've found a few but they're too short.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I'm in Northern NJ and there's not much here either. Where do you go down there? The only good stuff near here is Bear Mt. NY and the trails in PA. I was at Thunder on the Beach last october and some guys were telling me about some trails in Tuckerton. When i go down to Wildwood every year with my folks, we skip the GS Parking Lot and take 539 through the pine barrens, I see tons of trails there but a lot of it is government property. There's some by New Egypt Speedway, I think. Let me know what you find</font color=blue>

3. MudRebel350

I know that theres a bunch of trails down in the pines I was out there once with some friends. I went out in some guys Ford bronco. theres alot of trails out there and everyone is cool as long as your a redneck and not some hip hopper. I took about 45 minutes of driving in the woods alone to get out to the spot called "the elbow" where we had a fire going and about 40-50 people standing around it. I have to go down there during the day with a few friends that know the trails. I just wanted to know if anyone knew any trails around the Brick/point pleasant/howell/lakewood area, but I have to check out the Pines sooner or later. The people there don't let you litter or anything so its not some shithole with glass and garbage everywhere they wanna keep there off roading place.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

4. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>Sounds good, are any of these trails difficult? any deep mud?
    Actually, myt freind has a beach houes in Normandy and he was telling me about how there was this place they go camping and they drive is Ch*rokee around the trails, he said they're legal</font color=blue>

5. MudRebel350

From what I remember there was some deep mud and we went around it the long way. Thats why it took 45 minutes to get to the spot. I'm sure there are some difficult trails out there, but I'm not positive I'll get some more info. on them. From what I know a bunch of people will be out there this weekend cause its Memorial Day. Alot of them sleep over out there for the nite. I've seen some pics of some trucks that have romped out there. One was up on a HUGE lift with military rears and all sorts of crazy [censored]. Theres some real nice trucks out there.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

6. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>Sounds sweet, once school is out me and BillyBob might want to try some new trails, the ones we have here are short and get boring after a few hundred thousand times.</font color=blue>

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Hey fellas, I'm in PA, close to Trenton, and I'd like to get in on some of this trail action! I haven't really found anything around me (legal, anyway) so I'm hurtin' for action. I'm willing to drive to Jersey for good wheeling. I'm still new at this and my Blazer's still mostly stock (33" BFG A/T's and 3" bodylift), so if these trails are too much, let me know. Shaggyk5 will probably be interested; he's close by, too. Thanks guys!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

8. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

i probably live the furthest away from nj so i can t realy answer your question.

9. MudRebel350

Nah Jarhead your truck could handle gettin out to the spots in there. I went out in a stock 1996 bronco and it held up. People taker beater cars out there and they come back. Im sure theres some stuff thats too much like real deep mud and some crazy hills, but it could handle it for the most part.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

10. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>what town are these trails nearby? Mabye i would like to sometime over the summer. there's a bunch of NJ guys on this board looking for trails</font color=blue>

11. MudRebel350

These trails are around bayville, lacey, waretown, whiting etc. Theres tons of trails down there. Its just a matter of knowing where youre going. I have to find out more and then I'll tell you guys how to get there.I know theres some by the Oyster Creek Power plant down there. My friend Renee is out there now. She called me up b4 to brag about all the fun Im missing. Shes like there a bunch of Chevys and K5's out here tearing up the pit. I was quite sorry I didnt go out this weekend. Oh well theres always next weekend.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

12. MudRebel350

I was reading your profile biggray and i happen to notice your a high school student. Im graduating this year and i hope you are too for your sake. i used to live up by you in paterson until '87. maybe one day we'll get some kind of a trail ride going. Have you ever gone down to the pines b4? Once I get a good knowledge of the trails i'll spread the news. i saw those pics on your page they look pretty sick especially that one where your stuck in the 38'' ruts.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

13. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>Yeah I learned me a good ejumakation at high skool. I'm gradamating next month. I'm in Bergen county by Paramus and that area. What's your email? Me and Bill would like to find new trails to get stuck on. Nope, never been to the Pines, this is the first year I can drive long distances without fear of breaking down and never returning to my house becasue i got the new motor

BTW, we're going back on tuesday (senior cut day) so mabye i'll done get stucked again</font color=blue>

14. MudRebel350