Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Off the Shelf Exhaust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazinRojo, Nov 5, 2001.

1. BlazinRojo

BlazinRojo 1/2 ton status

Alright...does anyone absolutely positively know of a pre-fab exhaust system for an 83 K5 4x4? I'm going to go with the edelbrock TES shorty headers (when they finally make them) and don't want to pay California Concepts for a custom Flowmaster exhaust. Anyone know of any such exhaust system for that vintage blazer?

Shutup Brain or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip - Homer J. Simpson

2. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Why go with a short header? They suck in mho, Get a set of Thorley or better yet a set of Stans Try Y style Header and run a cross over pipe. No one that I know of makes a perfab exhaust kit for a blazer that old

3. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

Jegs has a header exhaust kit. Part # 289-89005. includes all pipes from headers to tailpipes and all hardware. Have to order mufflers separate. I used Flowmaster40 series. part#389-42441. Also used dynomax jethot coated headers Part #289-86003. They have a lifetime warrenty against rust! Whole set was a little over $450. It went together easy, worked good, and sounded great.

4. BlazinRojo

BlazinRojo 1/2 ton status

what I'm looking for more specifically is manifold/shorty headers back w/o mufflers and I can't have a true dual exhaust because I'm in california. I have to keep my single cat.

Shutup Brain or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip - Homer J. Simpson

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Good luck. I would find someone who can bend 3" pipe.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles