Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Off Topic posts.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Grim-Reaper, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Both Steve and I try to be a bit layed back about what goes here. If the posts have anything to do with repairs I let it go even if it's not K5 Simply because there is such a wealth of knowledge here that people can get help quick. Way I look at it is, if it's automotive then it in someway can be related back to our trucks. As long as it has an engine I usualy let it ride.
    Steve and I also let a lot of stuff like "I saw so and so" go to. Not really on topic but fun. Pictures of wheeling trips again are fun, We love to see K5's Wheel, so no problem. Heck the latest addition to your family I don't have a problem with either. I'm proud of my Kids, I'm sure you are too. Introducing yourself if you new here, I don't have a problem with. Heck you may end up being my bud next week.
    I got to draw the line so I felt I would let you know where it is.
    #1 You intentionaly tell me it's wrong forum in the post it will get moved. That's rubbing it in my face.
    #2 Abuse towards somebody else on the Board it will get deleated. We can be more adult here.
    #3 Language. You roll off with the F-Word I'm canning the post. There are some folks that take offence to it and I can't blame them. Be a little more creative and use some other way to express you frustration like $&*@. We get the point just fine and it doesn't offend anyone.
    #4 Your latest brush with the law, run in with somebody who want's to kick you butt for some reason...gone. Unless it has to do with lift hight or equipment violation question it doesn't really belong in this forum.
    #5 Roll call. I hate these! I won't even move them I'll delete them. We have a Bio feature use it. Now I don't have a problem with " Hay any GA people here that want to go wheel". That's fine, take pictures. Open roll call with 3000+ members isn't. CK5 has a Bandwidth issue and a post with 2500 replies doesn't help.
    #6 Links to nudies. If they are undressed and you link it here I'm deleting. Lots of us Surf from work and most big companies have internet guidlines. Me included. I don't need to get fired because somebody got wood from some half naked woman and put the link here and I unknowingly open it. Also we have plenty of lady members here that I'm sure don't appreciate it. Simple rule...would you show it to your mom? If no then it don't belong here either because somebody else's mom will come across it.
    Ok I have 6 rules I am using as guidelines and I think they are fair. Please tell me if you agree with this or not. I don't feel they are strict just common sence.
    Really very few posts get moved or deleted. You folks do a pretty good job of keeping the posts on topic.
    Thanks

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    79 Chevy Blazer, Her's
    70 Chevy Burb
    Grim-Reaper

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Sounds fair to me! I know I am guilty of a few of those. We do need a little law and order around here! [​IMG]

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

DOE!!!! Im guilty of the F-word. My wife rags me all the itme about cussing. I usually tend to type it as much the way I used it in the past sentence. But I agree with everything stated.

In search for the sound of frying bacon!! [​IMG]
    3/4 in progress[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Sounds perfect to me!

Dos mas Tecates!!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Sounds great, thanks Grim

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well Sheriff Grim...sounds fair to me. [​IMG]

I think Steve should post your six rules to CK5 law and order somewhere prominent so it will be seen for a long time to come.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

7. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

Sounds real good to me. It's always helpful for everyone to know where the boundaries are.[​IMG]

Robb
    '73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>community.webshots.com/user/robbrj</a>

8. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

i agree totally, sometimes my 12 year old daughter reads over my shoulder and i do not like the foul language either.
    with out rules we would have anarchy and then how much fun would that be
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] figured out i coulduse the copy and paste feature and you do not have to type as much, DUH!!!

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

9. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

CK5...as always, NUDE FREE!!!

<font color=red>"Oil? That's not my oil...that was there before" </font color=red>[​IMG]

10. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

This is great, it was getting carried away and this should nip it in the bud...... is nip ok?

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

11. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Sounds good to me. I have only been a partial member for around a month and the amount of help and knowledge I have received here has aided me tremendously. While I am not "New" to the K5 I am new to the "friendly" post site.

Plus I need to officially join so I can try and help out. Even if I may never get a chance to wheel in CO.

"If it aint broke don't fix it" is like a 4 letter word.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.phatboy.alloffroad.com>PhatBoy.AllOffRoad.com </a>

12. Grim-Reaper

nip1 (np)
    v. nipped, nip·ing, nips
    v. tr.
    To seize and pinch or bite: The fish nipped the wader's toe.
    To remove or sever by pinching or snipping: nipped off the plant leaf.
    To bite or sting with the cold; chill.
    To check or cut off the growth or development of: a conspiracy that was nipped in the bud by the police. See Synonyms at blast.
    Slang.
    To snatch up hastily.
    To take (the property of another) unlawfully; steal.

v. intr. Chiefly British
    To move quickly; dart.

n.
    The act or an instance of seizing or pinching.

A pinch or snip that cuts off or removes a small part: He gave a small nip to each corner of the cloth.
    The small bit or portion so removed: There were nips of construction paper all over the child's table.

A sharp, stinging quality, as of frosty air.
    Severely sharp cold or frost.
    A cutting remark.
    A sharp, biting flavor; a tang: the nip of Mexican salsa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Middle English nippen, perhaps from Middle Dutch nipen.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

nip2 (np) Informal
    n.
    A small amount of liquor.

v. nipped, nip·ping, nips
    v. tr.
    To sip (alcoholic liquor) in small amounts: had been nipping brandy.

v. intr.
    To take a sip or sips of alcoholic liquor: nips all day long.

[Probably short for nipperkin, of Dutch or Low German origin.]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

nip \Nip\, n. 1. A seizing or closing in upon; a pinching; as, in the northern seas, the nip of masses of ice.

2. A pinch with the nails or teeth.

3. A small cut, or a cutting off the end.

4. A blast; a killing of the ends of plants by frost.

5. A biting sarcasm; a taunt. --Latimer.

6. (Naut.) A short turn in a rope.

Nip and tuck, a phrase signifying equality in a contest. [Low, U.S.]

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

nip \Nip\, n. [LG. &amp; D. nippen to sip; akin to Dan. nippe, G. nippen.] A sip or small draught; esp., a draught of intoxicating liquor; a dram.

nip \Nip\, v. t. [imp. &amp; p. p. Nipped, less properly Nipt; p. pr. &amp; vb. n. Nipping.] [OE. nipen; cf. D. niipen to pinch, also knippen to nip, clip, pinch, snap, knijpen to pinch, LG. knipen, G. kneipen, kneifen, to pinch, cut off, nip, Lith. knebti.] 1. To catch and inclose or compress tightly between two surfaces, or points which are brought together or closed; to pinch; to close in upon.

May this hard earth cleave to the Nadir hell, Down, down, and close again, and nip me flat, If I be such a traitress. --Tennyson.

2. To remove by pinching, biting, or cutting with two meeting edges of anything; to clip.

The small shoots . . . must be nipped off. --Mortimer.

3. Hence: To blast, as by frost; to check the growth or vigor of; to destroy.

4. To vex or pain, as by nipping; hence, to taunt.

And sharp remorse his heart did prick and nip. --Spenser.

To nip in the bud, to cut off at the verycommencement of growth; to kill in the incipient stage.

nip n 1: a small drink of liquor; "he poured a shot of whiskey" [syn: shot] 2: a person of Japanese descent [syn: Jap, Nip] 3: a tart spiciness [syn: piquance, piquancy, tang, tanginess, zest] 4: a small drink [syn: sip] 5: small sharp biting [syn: pinch] v 1: squeeze tightly between the fingers; "He pinched her behind"; "She squeezed the bottle" [syn: pinch, vellicate, squeeze, twinge, tweet, twitch] 2: give a small sharp bite to; "The Queen's corgies always nip at her staff's ankles" 3: sever or remove by pinching of snipping; "nip off the flowers" [syn: nip off, clip, snip, snip off]

Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

nip

NIP: in Acronym Finder

Source: Acronym Finder, © 1988-2001 Mountain Data Systems

nip

nip: in CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary

Source: On-line Medical Dictionary, © 1997-98 Academic Medical Publishing &amp; CancerWEB

Try your search for "nip" at:

Amazon.com - Shop for books, music and more
    Electric Library - Search thousands of newspapers and magazines
    Google - Search the Web for relevant results
    Google Groups - Search Usenet messages back to 1995
    Merriam-Webster - Search for definitions
    PowerSearch - Search different Web services all at once
    Roget's Thesaurus - Search for synonyms and antonyms
    Copyright © 2001, Lexico LLC. All rights reserved.
    Contacts | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Help

Yeah looks ok to me. [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    79 Chevy Blazer, Her's
    70 Chevy Burb
    Grim-Reaper

13. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Agree

Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

14. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

What about parts for sale, do those get moved?

15. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

16. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Cool! I'm guilty of a few [​IMG].

It's been lovely, but I have to scream now.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

17. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

So does this post have anything to do with Blazers??? Shouldn't this be moved to the........OK sorry!! Just kidding. I couldn't resist.
    Good idea though. I was getting sick of the whole "I know ths is off topic, but........" posts here.
    People complain about no one seeing the posts on the off topic board, but tons of folks go there.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

18. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

19. Grim-Reaper

Posts for sale hhhmmm. Well yeah they should. If somebody is looking for something they will check the for sale board. That's what it's there for. So yes they should be moved.
    Now I think I would let the "Hay I need this part" post slide if your having trouble finding a obscure part. Lots of folks have part's laying around that they are not activly trying to sell so they do not look on that board but they may see the post and help you out. I just don't want to see you moving it to the top multiple times a day for day's straight. Leave those tactics to the wanted/for sale board.

75 Jimmy, Dollar
    79 Chevy Blazer, Her's
    70 Chevy Burb
    Grim-Reaper

20. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

These sound gerat to me. I know I have been offended in the past and am sure I have offended others. A little more care and concern for others would go a long way when combined with our common sense.

BTW, is there any rules pertaining to the length of a post?!? [​IMG]

Brian
    Click to see <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com> My 85 Jimmy </a>
    Is it a bad thing when my reality check bounces?