Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

offical damage list from blazer fest

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Chaz88K5, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

1 broke front drive shaft....being fixed as i type
    2 bent toybox rock sliders
    2 dented front and rear diff covers
    1 bent tie rod.....picked up parts and goin to fix tonight
    1 bent front bumper
    added more dents to my right front fender
    1 crushed exhaust cross over pipe.....already fixed
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    1 more that frizz just reminded me about...my shackle bolt on the driver side top shearded off...thanks dunerunner for the replacement and dan's wife for gettin the spare bolt for me /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

My soft top ripped in half on the way into Hollister! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Damn cross wind was so strong ripped the back snap support area. Flap Flap Flap /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    Oh well the windows were all white/foggy anyway....
    Other than that just scrapes and scratches for me.

3. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Nothing bad, bent my fan destroyed the shroud and the starter went.

4. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Drivers side locking hub broken..(thanks for the replacement one brad)
    Steering wheel is loose
    I feel lucky now....mike

5. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

1 Nasty case of the "death wobble" blues!!! It just started last night as I unloaded the truck off the semi and drove home...and it did it twice on the way to work this morning! Damn...

Oh, and one seriously kinked winch cable from pulling our Mexican American gang member friends back up the hill they drove off! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif And I guess you could count my mud encrusted tow straps from pulling tow truck duty at the mud pit! ha,ha That was fun!

6. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    kinked winch cable from pulling our Mexican American gang member friends back up the hill they drove off!

[/ QUOTE ]
    HUH? What happened? any pics?

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Ah yes, there are pics of that. Unfortunately, the pics from what kpanza is talking about, I'm afraid might not do the situation any justice. We are talking extremely stupid driving. I'm trying to figure what approach I'm going to take when I write it up for the sight, nice or just plain flame the gomers.

8. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Yeah, we got pics...it was pretty unbelievable! Have to see it to believe it.

Short version - 4 of our Mexican friends were driving their brand new GMC Z71 truck on Lupine Loop trail...well, they decided to try to go up an illegal bypass (at least it's not on the map as a real trail)...it was very rocky and loose. Well, needless to say, their GMC couldn't make it all the way up...so, the driver reportedly put the truck into NEUTRAL to back down the hill, got going a bit too fast, tried to stop and could not - well, the truck slid backwards off the trail at the bottom, falling off the edge! The truck miraculously stopped about 30 feet down the ledge in some trees and bushes...they should have all been dead. Lucky SOBs! Anyways, I was returning to camp after we went exploring, and I come around the corner and see a Mexican guy waving at us. I was like, "What the hell is this guy doing all by himself out here?" - we could not see any vehicles or anything. He says that he needs help, that his friend "fell off the cliff"! Sure enough, I drive up to the edge and there's this fricken truck sitting there! Three of the guys were out of the truck and basically looked as if they had seen a ghost - they were all in shock...and I bet their pants smelled great! ha,ha So, I decided that time was of the essence, and whipped out the winch...I figured I would give it a try and help out. We winched him up about 10 feet but we couldn't keep my truck stationary, it kept sliding towards the cliff...so we called for help on the CB and sure enough the cavalry started coming! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Leland and Steve showed up first and anchored me...made progress, then had to switch pulling sides and used the snatch block, with another truck anchoring Steve's Ford...at long last we got the truck all the way up the cliff and on safe ground. It was quite a sight to behold! My brother should have the pics ready pretty soon...and I also took some of Greg's truck rolled over as I was winching his truck back over...they're from the driver's seat, so don't know how good they'll be (no one wanted to come get the camera because I was parked up on the hill in a grove of poison oak! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyways, sorry about the length, but that's the story of the Mexicans and their wheeling adventure! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Oh, and he kinked the cable really bad because he wrapped it around both tow hooks and hooked the cable to itself! Damn him! I didn't see it until it was too late, as I wasn't about to go climbing down the cliff in the poison oak with a truck ready to possibly roll down the hill! I don't think the cable scraping across the rocks was too good for it either! Oh well...hopefully I earned some good karma!

9. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Ya forgot the shackle bolt /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

As for me I lost a little paint and a couple weights off a couple wheels,lost a little paint off of my rock sliders,and got some scratches in my brand new paint .Nobody here believes I didnt break anything /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I also need a new seat cushin cuz my ass took a chunk out of it fri morning on that hill.Thanks again for the pull /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

yea my blazer made it fine but i got poison oak all over my legs!!!

11. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Not sure until I get time to check it out but most likely the front True-Trac is a goner.

Things I learned I need to do are:

1. put dual electric fans on the radiator.
    2. take out my A/C condensor.
    3. put in temp sending unit.
    4. take out inner fenderwells.

David

12. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Scratched the herculiner paint around the hood...LOL I didn't get to do has much wheelin as I would have liked...

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Passenger side mirror (the wife needs it)
    Windshield washer motor went haywire (I need that)
    A/C fan started dying on the way home. Hey Friz, that's why I almost ran off the road on 152, trying to pull out my aux fan so I could get some more, fresh cool air. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Other than that, got a little mud on the skid plate, but doesn't look like I earned any scratches on the undercarriage. Am I good or what? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

We saw the tacks left by the truck and we were blown away. barbastard and blazintrails said they saw thoswe guys in a stock jeep bombing through trails at about 30 mph cause that was the only way their stock jeep could make it.

15. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I forgot my CD player broke...I broke one at Blazer-Fest last year also...

16. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

my CB is still broke from last year /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dented and scratched front diff &amp; cover.
    Scratched front driveshaft.
    New pinstriping down the passanger side.

And a sunburned forehead.

I got away pretty easy! I'm damn glad i didn't have any breakage... and I'm still driving my blazer to work every day. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

18. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have a leaking tranny input seal...took 24 qts. of ATF to get home.

19. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Why didn't stop and change the seal on the side of the highway like Mat did?

David

20. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Come awn now guys you can't count " I scratched my diff /forums/images/icons/blush.gif or I scratched the paint on my driveshaft " /forums/images/icons/cool.gif those really don't count cause they should happen everytime you go wheelin. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

David
    P.S. that goes for pinstripes also. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif