Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Officer kills man holding baby hostage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 73k5blazer, Apr 22, 2007.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

The officer deserves a medal in my book.

Clicky

WHy aren't these stories promoted more often. The idiot is dead, the baby is unharmed, and the public has been served and protected from a jacka$$, who won't have any opportunity to suck the system and taxpayers dry in prison, through the courts, etc..

The nay-sayers will probably say he could have shot the suspect in the leg instead of the head.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

would like a bit better story. But good,

shot him in the head when holding the baby???

one of the cops must have been a football player running jump catch anyone?

guessing he dident spike the baby afterwards

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Daum right!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Give 'em a medal and tour!!! :wink1:

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Simple. Negative news sells and the media can get ten times the mileage out of one bad cop story compared to ten good cop stories.

5. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

"Was drunk and high on methamphetamines"

Hmm...

If you ask me being around a child in that condition for ANY reason is cause for a good killin!:mad:

However, had that been a big city PD they would have brought in the SWAT team, 3 negotiators, a priest, a couple of K9 units and at least 5 senior officers bucking for promotion who wanted their picture on TV. The situation would have lasted at least 12 hours if not longer.

Now THATS news!:doah:

But since it was good ole redneck Klamath Falls, OR they simply shot the ba$tard and went home to moma at the end of the shift.

Kudos to common sense!:D

6. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

that Should be policy everywhere. too bad everyone wants to talk things over rather than drop'em and move on. too many people get way too many chances at being stupid. We'd have alot less crime if more were taken out rather than put in prison at taxpayers expense.

7. cabledawg

cabledawg Secret Squirrel Premium Member

The military is the same way. Money saver: move half the offices on base so they are co-located with similar workcenters (limits travel time), and spend $2 million doing all the remodeling, vehicle usage to move furniture, new furniture to replace the stuff we broke in transit, and the cost of moving all the services (phones, LAN connections, cable TV).
    Doesnt make sense to spend a 1/4 mil on saving the life of some thug, just to spend even more keeping him/her in jail. My .02; life sentance without parole, see ya later. I see severe weight loss and dry skin in your future. Everyone else; CHAIN GANG!:D

8. BlazerBud

BlazerBud 1/2 ton status

There's no telling how many live's he saved by stopping that fool when he did.

9. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

I'd like to buy that Officer a beer.

10. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

All I could find today, and I really had to search for it, ONE, ONE story on how the investigation into the shooting (which is standard procedure I take it) cleared the officer.

Clicky

The family of the man protested. :rotfl:

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I would have to guess that any officer in that situation would take the shot as soon as he had a clear one. When there's a knife at the hostages throat or a muzzle at the hostages temple, all it takes is a twitch for the perp to kill the hostage. With that in mind, taking out the perp or getting the weapon lowered I'd assume are priority number 1.

Shoot to kill and hit, shoot to injure and miss.