Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Officers do have a sense of humor......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stallion85, Apr 11, 2005.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

This e mail was sent out to the base today from the Lt Col in charge of Med over here in Iraq. Pay close attention to the second paragraph. I had to read it twice, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Keep in mind he sent this email to probably 600 or so people LOL :grin:

A small snake was found in the compound yesterday. It was a saw scaled viper, which is venomous (but all snakes here are venomous). Snakes have many babies rather than 1, so it is likely that there are more of them around.

Snakes are cold blooded creatures, much like my soon to be ex-wife. Cold blooded creatures cannot regulate their body temperatures. This is important. When it is cold they will seek hot areas and when it is hot they will seek cool places. Do not play with them, they are not your friends. Baby snakes can inflict venomous bite; they are born with full venom glands.

Shake your boots before you put them on, look into your bed before you get in. I highly recommend that you do not wear open shoes for any reason, unless you are in (but not going to/from) the shower. If you are bitten, come into the clinic ( or go to the Emergency Room at the Hospital (Army Troop Medical

Clinic –TMC as quickly as possible). Dial “911” for an immediate emergency.

LeRoy "Glock" White, MD, JD

Lt. Col., USAF, MC, SFS

Chief of Flight Medicine

407 AEG / 777 EAS

APO AE 09331

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hummmm just a little double meaning thare huh

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. aealliarmy

aealliarmy Registered Member

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I wonder if she is also venomous and he just forgot to mention it. Good one.