Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OFFICIAL 2005 "Girls of CK5" volunteer contributor post

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Can Can, May 10, 2004.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

OFFICIAL 2005 \"Girls of CK5\" volunteer contributor post

Hey there, brothers. I just got the word from Steve that the 2005 "Girls of CK5" calendar project is a GO!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If you are interested in contributing a pic please read the following rules:

1. You must be a paying member of CK5 in order to appear in the calendar. If at anytime between now and production your membership expires and is not renewed, you pic will be removed from the line-up.

2. Last year's calendar pics were chosen by the "first come, first served" method. This year it looks like there's A LOT more interest from the Brotherhood, so some sort of process of elimination is probably going to to take place. There are 11 spots available, but Kim may go to a "2 pics per page" format if there are enough volunteers. Why only 11? Kim gets in by default....... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. Which leads me to my next point:

3. Only HIGH QUALITY pics will be considered. Poor lighting, heavy contrast, or bad focus will probably mean your pic won't make it into the calendar. Pics can either be submitted by email or snail mail, although emailed pics are easier to work with. If you have any questions about DPI or pixels you'll have to talk to Kim- she's the brains behind this project(obviously).

4. Once again, volunteers should feel free to wear whatever they want. Last year's "costumes" ranged from t-shirts and jeans all the way to bikinis. This is not a "skin-to-win" kind of contest, but bikinis and swimsuit shots are welcome. Just try to keep the pics clean, if you know what I mean. I should also mention that girls of all ages should feel free to contribute- the whole point if this calendar is to show that ladies of all ages and from all walks of life love their K-series trucks.

5. Because some of us live in winter wonderland(it snowed here last night /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif), the deadline for submitting pics is August 31st. Late submissions will not be considered for the calendar. Now Marv doesn't have any excuses... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Although this is calendar is obviously, truck-related, try to keep the model as the focus of the pic. Pictures taken from 100 ft away are not what we're looking for in this project.

7. Having a CK5 sticker, hat or shirt in the pic is not mandatory, but it's not called the "Girls of CK5" calendar for nothing. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyhow, that's all I have for now. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Kim will probably have to step in from time to time to answer any techical questions you guys might have.

So, let the games begin. Use your imagination, get creative, and most of all HAVE FUN!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Re: OFFICIAL 2005 \"Girls of CK5\" volunteer contributor post

my wife refused on the grounds it's degrading. so on that note; I'll take two please /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. Can Can

Degrading, eh? My wife is going to appear for the 2nd year in a row. If it was degrading, she would NOT be involved in this project, trust me!!!!

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

you, me, and the whole ck5 membership agree with that, unfortunatly , I can't tell that woman nothin' /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif(waiting for her to brain me for that remark)

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Creative huh?? How about my ugly fat butt all spread eagle in a thong layin across the hood of Ole Wimpy with the extremely faded ugly green paint and the cracked windshield in the background?? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Well maybe not such a good idea after all. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Good luck to y'all in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Allan

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

You already know we will play /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Maybe pics should display a CK5 logo on the vehicle /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. Can Can

The CK5 logo thing is good, but not mandatory, because I only have one CK5 sticker on my truck and it's not in a good spot for pics(sliding windows on the fibreglass top). /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

But seriously, it would be great if contributors could somehow get a CK5 sticker, hat, or shirt in the pic.

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    6. Although this is calendar is obviously, truck-related, try to keep the model as the focus of the pic

[/ QUOTE ]
    But, but....I want to look at trucks and theeeennnn women. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Count me in for sure on a spot! I have a cute GF and a decent rig too. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

I have one question.....Can I get a "secured" spot now and submit the pic around June or July? I am painting the K5 early this summer and figure that would make a better pic.
    Hope that doesn't sound selfish or anything but just curious. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. Can Can

Unforunately, there's no such thing as a "secured spot" right now. We'll have to wait and see how many submissions we get before we figure out who's pics are gonna appear in the calendar.

DOn't worry about the timetable thing, though. I won't be taking my pic until sometime in July or August after Kim gets a tan and the weather improves. Just get your pic in as soon as you can and we'll take it from there, brother!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm volunteering Lady_Bog. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Just so every one knows, I'm completly out of the loop on this, my Attorney told me to say that. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Unforunately, there's no such thing as a "secured spot" right now. We'll have to wait and see how many submissions we get before we figure out who's pics are gonna appear in the calendar.

DOn't worry about the timetable thing, though. I won't be taking my pic until sometime in July or August after Kim gets a tan and the weather improves. Just get your pic in as soon as you can and we'll take it from there, brother!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    OK, cool. So basically you aren't doing the "first come, first serve" thing this year...it's the best 11 pics. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Can I go get some volunteers from my "hotel" and have them pose on my patrol car???????????????????

14. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Can it be pictures of My truck my wife and other girls who also love my truck? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Is there ant way yu could take all the (good) photos that don't make it and put them together as a mosaic, of sorts, on the last page?? Count me in for another, by the way, great job on last years! Thanks Kim and Canmore!

16. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

I like this one, but next time it will probably be at the con, and the wife is stoked to pose in a bikini for the fund /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif oh ya I will get a better shot too, I didn't change the light setting and it made it all blue.
    [​IMG]

17. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

I think i submitted this last year but caint remember, mayby i need to get one this weekend out in the dirt /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

I think i submitted this last year but caint remember, mayby i need to get one this weekend out in the dirt /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA Thats a cool pic!!!! I hope when I have kids they like the beast!

19. Can Can

TTT for the afternoon shift boys.

20. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

My wife's excited foir the opportunity to pose with HER lifted 89 Burb. Maybe she'll let me put my K5 in the background /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif