Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Official BB04 comments post...

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by 84gmcjimmy, Oct 4, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Steve said to keep the comments out of the picture post. So I decided to start this post /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    I wasn't there so I dont know how it went, people, start posting your stories!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Wednesday:
    Left at 10pm from Chino Valley, AZ (we started late due to a wierd trailer light plug we had to purchase from the local Walmart). Crashed in the cab of the F250 outside of the Holiday Inn in Flagstaff (this is where Robzilla, Hossbaby, FWP, and MarvSPringer were staying the night).

Thurs:
    FWP had trouble with his 6.2 starter, replaced it in the parking lot and left about 10am from Flagstaff... arrived in Moab around 7ish.

Friday:
    Started a little late and went to run Pritchett. This was a first for me and the new suspension on the blazer. We encountered pretty wet conditions and this added to the difficulty of many of the obstacles. Robzilla broke his fiber winch line while winching out of a stairstep section (his tires were caked with mud and he was pretty wedged). They tied it off and winched out easily. We arrived at Rockpile and I was the second to try it. Marv was denied and wisely backed down. Then it was my turn... I tried to keep the tires dry and got a little off camber. While trying to back off I was in reverse and my blazer went over. The blazer rolled onto its roof and took out the windshield and frame. We had an interesting recovery and drag session and my truck was righted and we made it to the BBQ early /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Carnage... windshield and windshield frame, broken winch line

Sat:
    We (the AZ crew) didn't want to be stuck out past dark because of numbers of rigs so we hit up Moab Rim trail. Talk about "pucker factor"! We played around in the "offroad park" on the top and headed to Behind the rocks so we could eat lunch and Marv could hit the sand. This was a great time! By the way, if anyone gets a chance ask Marv for a ride in the funbuggy. It's the E-ticket ride of the year.
    Carnage: everyone was sandy /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sunday:
    Our same group planned on wheeling Upper Helldorado but we started late and would have ended up with a pretty huge group on that trail. We decided to run Hell's Revenge. We headed over to Potato salad Hill and ran that first.
    To my suprise I crawled it... twice!
    Marv made it look easy
    SeanDeigo throttled it over the top
    FWP and Robzilla both found awesome lines!
    a couple jeeps and a Scout actually came pretty close to rolling over.
    Then we headed to Hells Revenge to run Escalator, Hot tubs, Hells Gate, Tip Over challenge etc. and Dump Bump.
    Marv and I both made it up Dump Bump... Springer later went on to attempt some pretty awesome climbs out of the big hot tub. I almost made it out but seriously wussed out near the top (too many photos of rollovers played in my mind). Robzilla flopped it while trying to back out of the water hole.
    Quick extrication and we were on our way to Escalator. This obstacle was pretty cool. I got it on its side and Rob did also. It was interesting to see winch lines actually have worn lines into the rock at the top of Escalator. After tip over challenge we went to the go fast dirt area near the exit of Hells Revenge. It was a blast also. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

On a note of constructive criticism:
    Smaller groups on the trails would be great. There should be mandatory equipment relegations for some trails (similar to EJS). Having a means to get more of the inexperienced guys on trails led by people who have run them before is also a good idea. Perhaps even a late start set of trails /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Wow! looks like PJTPW finished his truck, that thing is really sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

4. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

Thanks man. They're never really finished. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yep, it did well. Still need a traction bar, a better cooler and operative gauge for the steering, and a ton of small things but it did well.

Had a great time, got to meet a ton of great people as always. Flopped the truck on it's side in the Escalator driving down it. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Paxx was riding and has the pics.

Overall a great time, and always look forward to it.

Ryan

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I loved it before the tubing project but now that thing is super kewl! That's been a neat project to follow on Pirate, I really like how the cage and flooring turned out. Will you be putting cab skins back on it?

In case you didn't know we now have a calendar for rigs only. This years is finished but there will be another next year. *cough*hint*cough* /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

I'll skin out the sides and back, maybe even some bedsides. It will all be aluminum though.

I'm not sure how everyone would feel about having a Dodge on the rigs of CK5 calendar. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    They're never really finished

[/ QUOTE ] Maybe you should finish that fancy gauge cluster you have /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Glad you were able to bring it out. If I didn't bend my driveshaft I was going to run with you guys on Monday. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    They're never really finished

[/ QUOTE ] Maybe you should finish that fancy gauge cluster you have /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Glad you were able to bring it out. If I didn't bend my driveshaft I was going to run with you guys on Monday. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a gauge cluster. It's a high strength vinyl adhesive gauge set. If anyone wants one I'll be selling them.

[​IMG]

Not only do they mount gauges, they mount TBI computers, ARB switches, and have hundreds of other uses. (patent pending)

In use on the trail:

[​IMG]

Ryan

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

LMAO thats awesome Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

An addendum to Juans post.

Monday

AZCrew along with Beck and the Las Vegas guys ran Lower Proving Grounds, Upper Proving Ground backward until we figured out we were going the wrong way at the GIANT waterfall. We turned around and went out and started it the right way. Beck, Marv, and Fred made it up the long uphill chute that was pretty nasty before we started running out of time on the trail.

And just for you Juan,...................................................... Marv rolled the buggy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif He was playing around on some sand dunes and flopped it on his side with Beck riding passenger. AWESOME time had by all. Very little breakage and made it home ok.

Harley

11. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I want to hear more about the finalle flop...

12. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Was he wearing his favorite white suit? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Yep, Marv was in his famous white "boihazard" suit. Marv was blasting up the hardest line on the large sand dune at Proving Grounds and got to far left because of a "4 wheel slide" and I think he got out of the chute then flopped back into it on his side.

Beck was riding with him got the "sloppy sock" as hot tranny fluid dumped on his legs. He started yelling about the hot fluid and jumped out of the buggy.

We crested the hill to see Beck running down it to get to his buggy at the bottom. That hot tranny fluid must be a good motivator because Beck was doing his best to be the fastest white boy alive on the way down the hill and back up it in his buggy.

We flipped him over and got some motor oil and tranny fluid in the buggy and we kept going.

Harley

14. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys aren't gonna tell Juan, are you....?!? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Marv

15. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Ah Hah!
    Too late... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

16. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys aren't gonna tell Juan, are you....?!? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Marv

[/ QUOTE ]
    I thought they WERE talking about the "Juan Finale" flop? (note spelling) /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

17. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Well....

there was the Juan Flop...(I've come to expect this behavior from Juan /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif)

.... then there was the Finelli Flop.... [jamesbrownvoice] in the hot tub [/jamesbrownvoice]

...... and then there was the sand dune dive on to your side that I treated Beck to... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Weird trip.... We didn't break anything.... but 3 of 4 of us rolled /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif....

Marv

18. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

it just keeps getting better... soon it will be how we rate our trips.

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

19. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

it just keeps getting better... soon it will be how we rate our trips.

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

20. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Now some comments from the Other group out there...
    I had a awesome time. Met some new people and they all were just great. I got out there on Thurs. evening. Had a good dinner and some drinks.

Friday, I got to lead the group to "Behind the rocks" trail.
    The first and only obstical to beat the "Trooper" on this trip was White Knuckel /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif. I tried and tried but was only taking miles off my clutch (sorry about smoking everyone out /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif). The rest of the run went great and the obsticals were fun. Several guys got some serious air on some. On the way out, Moneypit and me tried our hardest to keep up with Wally but that beast really kicked our a$$. Within 5 min. we lost total sight of him including the open field /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. I love to baha on those roads /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    We got out with plenty of time to get to the BBQ.

The BBQ was fun, the food was great (Thanks ORD!) and Steve was a great anouncer .. LMAO! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    I was kinda bummed that as soon as the give-a-way was done, everyone split so I didn't get a chance to meet more people /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.
    We finished off the night working on broken trucks in the parking lot until about 2:00 am.

Sat.- We ran Cliff Hanger and had another great time. I lead some of the time and Dirk the rest. Everyone made it through without any breakage and only a little body damage. We got off the trail early and went to the enterance of Pritchet to see if the other guys made it out. We heard they had quite a mess with breaks and didn't know if we should go in because we might only be in the way so.......cracked a couple cold ones and waited. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    We all went out to dinner at the brewery and a big Thanks to JMS for picking up the bill /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    I spent the the rest of the night BSing with some of the guys and a little drinking with Pax until 3:00 am.

Sun.- We decided to do a long trail. We went in at Poison Spyder to Golden Spike, over the crack and down Gold Bar.
    The run went great and I started the lead but Dirk took over later (he was better at pushing everyone to go faster /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif). The "Launching Pad" was interesting due to my carb missing a little causing me to get on it and do a launch at the top /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. The Trooper did awesome again and I climbed stuff I had never done before with no problem. Eveyone did great and I think we have some more guys hooked bad on building there trucks up /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.
    We hit the sand flats and the race was on..... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Dirk won (dammmit). Guess it pays to be a local you sneeky ...

Monday, A few of us went to hells revenge and had a final wind-down good time. PJTPW put it on his roof on escalator to keep it interesting. Glad I got out and let Pax do that.
    Once again not breaks and a good time. Ryan was leaking PS fluid on the way out so I towed him home when we got out.
    It sounds simple but without power steering, he almost took out a sign or two. I guess I was pulling him a little fast or something /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

The trip was once again a great time. The people are the best and the pictures should be awesome. I'll put mine up soon. Thanks to everyone that came out and a spiecal THANKS /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif to the sponcers for the great gifts. Sorry to everyone that missed this yet another, once in a lifetime trip.

BTW, we will have to wait until Paxx gets back from Vegus for the rest of the pictures. He has some good ones.