Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Official CK5 OKC area meet and greet date

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Okiemuddog, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

OK guys, I have looked over my schedule and propose Saturday Sept.3 for the official M&G. I am not sure on where we should do this, somewhere we can all get togther, so a park of some type would be good. I am going to take on the task as the organizer, so I am open to suggestions on meeting places. Let me know what everyone thinks on the date, it is not set in stone.

Krennen

2. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

I have no problem with that date. I have no idea where to meet because I don't live there yet. I will definetly attend though.

3. Art'74

Art'74 1/2 ton status

I hate to rain on your date but that is Labor Day Weekend.

I don't know if that effects anyone (I don't even know if it effects me - my wife hasn't told me yet) but that may be a consideration.

I do want to meet everyone though, so maybe that will work for the majority and we can do it then.

Let's keep in touch and see who all can make it.

Art

4. Okiemuddog

I was not aware the was Labor Day weekend, does eveyone want to move it forward a week or back a week. I can do any weekend in Sept. except the 17th (gettin hitched :eek1: ) and the last weekend of the month (Moab). Let me know when you guys want to do this, I am going to check on some places to meet this weekend.

5. Art'74

Art'74 1/2 ton status

I'm for meeting. Just say a date and I'll do everything I can to be there.

The rest of you guys chime in if one date or the other is better.

Cool.

Art

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Tiesha's b-day also falls on that weekend. As for a place, I will offer my "compound" or, if y'all prefer someplace else, you won't hurt my feelings any. The only stipulation I have is that beer must be legal to consume there. I know alot of public parks it is strictly verboten.

John

7. Art'74

Art'74 1/2 ton status

Wake up call! Where are we on this? Just curious because it has seemed to die.

Art

8. Okiemuddog

Art, not dead, just been busy. I am thinking public park on meeting place, so that rules out the beer. I am not a drinker, so the beer I can do without. Let me know what everyone thinks on if we need beer or not.

Krennen

9. SkulzNBonz

Beer. It's hard enough to deal with your personality after a couple of cold ones, let alone sober :haha: j/k (kinda) That'd be alright with me, less I have to do.

Bottomfeeder, I was over at your new home on the 13th, around 8:30 PM. Your moving van was there, so I assume you were getting something to eat.

John

10. Art'74

Art'74 1/2 ton status

Can you guys guess how many people will be coming? Also, will it be just guys or are people bringing their family or ????

I may have a place with 12 acres, a pool, beer is legal, etc. on the South side of OKC. I just want to make sure of the mix, etc. so I can prepare the owners for what to expect.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Art

11. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

Yeah we went to Pearl something or other by the lake. Man that was a long trip with the two moving vans. We did get everything unloaded on the 14th. Then, I hurt my back picking up a light bulb on the 15th. :mad:

I will be in OKC the 1st week in August. Anytime after that should be good for a meeting.

12. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

:eek1: :doah: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

13. SkulzNBonz

We are all about family. My wife and kids like to wheel as much as I do. # of people could be 20+, but I would reckon more between 15-20.

John

14. Art'74

Art'74 1/2 ton status

I am all in on the family thing. Just didn't want to push my preferences on the rest of you since ya'll are running this mtg.

Choose a date and I will try to set up the place I am thinking about. It would be perfect for the kids to swim and run around and for the rest of us to lounge around and tell lies.

I will advise shortly after you provide the soldified date.

Art

15. Okiemuddog

I am still saying the third, even if it is Labor Day weekend. I am sure my plate will be full for the rest of the month after that point. I have my wedding on the 17th and leave for my honeymoon cruise on the 24th and returning on the 5th, so that kills 2 weeks there. So are we agreed on the third then?

BTW, made a wedding invite post, please RSVP in the post if you want to come, got to get a head count.

Krennen

16. SkulzNBonz

The third isn't bad for me, but alot of people make plans to be out of town for that weekend. How's August 20th for everyone?

John

17. Art'74

Art'74 1/2 ton status

Good picking guys (this is always my problem)!

I am in KC on the weekend of 8/20 and in Dallas on the weekend of Labor Day.

Obviously, you don't have to wait on me but that is my schedule.

Art

18. SkulzNBonz

Art/Krennen. Look at your calanders. How about 8/27?
    Anyone else?

John

19. Art'74

Art'74 1/2 ton status

The 27th should work for me. I will block my calendar for that date unless I hear differently.

If everyone that is coming can chime in with a "yes" and how many, I will try to secure the place I have spoken of in earlier e-mails.

Looking forward to mtg. all of ya'll.

Art

20. Okiemuddog

Okay guys the 27th should work for me, barring any wedding disasters. I am pretty sure I will have my trailer by then, so I have have way to get my junk there. So I guess the date is set for Aug. 27, what time are we wanting to do this? I am assuming this is going to be an all day event? Are we doing some BBQ too, who is bringing what? It we just myself and Jennifer coming on my end.

Krennen

Art is there room for me to fit in with my Super Duty and a 25' gooseneck trailer?