Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OFFICIAL!!! NO MORE "HAPPY IT'S FRIDAY" POSTS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

OFFICIAL!!! NO MORE \"HAPPY IT\'S FRIDAY\" POSTS

With the exception of March 29th, I don't want to read anymore about how everyone is so happy that it's Friday until May 11th. Violation of this policy will result in, oh heck, I don't even know why I'm babbling, no one will listen to me anyway. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Re: OFFICIAL!!! NO MORE \"HAPPY IT\'S FRIDAY\" POSTS

Some how I get the felling that you will be working Saturdays untill May 11th????

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I go to school on Friday nights, and all day Saturdays and Sundays. My next weekend off is in two weeks. Got some golf planned for that weekend. Other than that, I'm in it til May 11th. It'll be a half day and right now, my little clan of groupies have been talking about a beer bash, plus it's also rodeo weekend so I should make up for some lost time.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Umm your friends sound like mine from about 10 years ago.

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Hmmm I used to have no "friday's
    I was cleaning out my junk draweer and I found an old pay stub.
    39 hrs 0t
    93 hrs regular time.
    2 week pay period.
    Match that
    That was a short week, most days were 18 plus
    Now at 10 hrs and an hr and a half drive to work and back I am wiped out..

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I can beat it-
    John leaves the house at 4:30- hour drive to work
    arrives at 5:30-
    leaves work about 7:00- drives home- arrives at 8:00--
    thats 6 days a week
    On Sunday's he only works 1/2 day- leaves at 5- gets home about 3

it sucks! BUT--- I can't complain- I'm not eating Hamburger Helper 5 nights a week LOL

thats his favorite line--- "go ahead bitch about the hours- but next time you want to go somewhere- drive a $50 beater--- then see whose bitching." or---

go ahead and bitch about the hours- "next time your eating Prime Rib- remember where it came from....""

typical man- LOL

brandy

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

When I went to Germany last year I amassed 72 hours straight time, 35 hours of OT and 31 hours of 2OT in 10 days. My gross that pay period was $4662.50. On top of that was our living out money ($35 a day, $420) and our travel day money ($200 each way...$400) and I made a little under $5500 in 2 weeks.
    The part that sucks is that I banked all my overtime and ended up using it to live on after my accident in Portland shortly after I got back home./forums/images/icons/mad.gif So much for getting ahead! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Rene

8. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

When Wayne and I were dating, He worked for an auto body shop that I dare say he lived at. He would typically leave for work(based on where he lived at) between 15 minutes before and up to an hour before his start time. He typically started at 7 am (some days at 9 am) and would work until 2, 3, or 4 am the next day. Many times he worked 100 plus hours a week. Some times he would even work from 7 am one morning till 7 am the next morning .....go home get a few hours of sleep and then go back in for another 10 or so hour shift. And this would go on 7 days a week......holidays included. I remember one year he called me on Christmas Day to say Merry Christmas....Why??? Because he was at work. I HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We never saw each other. But that was then and this is now. And little has changed. We still see very little of each other because he works 2nd shift and I work 1st. Plus he works 10 hours a day. We might spend 30 to 45 minutes a day together(awake) and 3 or 4 hours of sleeping in the same bed. And that is if we are lucky. Other wise.......we see each other on Sunday's and then he's working on the truck......selling truck parts.......buying truck parts.......running here and running there to pick up truck parts he has bought......or he's here. But overall I can't complain. He's still a good guy.....(SOMETIMES) LOL! ! !

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> My last job had me working 7 days a week 12-16 hour days for 2 -3 month in a row ! I banked so much money nut it wasn't worth it to work all the time and not enjoy life ! Money is definately not everything ! I'm happier now doing a straight 40 - 45 hour week and having all my weekends free ....... I love it ! Not as much money, but much more life !

10. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

in 1994, the last full year I worked in Dallas, I clocked 1496hrs of OT for the year....of course I made $104K that year...I get paid every 2 weeks, and for the entire month of Nov that year, I had back to back checks that were 10 and 11 hours over the OSHA maximum, but which grossed out just over $6100......I transferred to a small country town (McKinney) thinkin' that I could cut down, but only cut back to about 1100 hours per year (for 6 years), so 8 months ago I transferred to another job title, and I'm down to about 5-8 hours per week...downside is that I'm on 24 hr callout, but I get paid to wear the beeper/phone, and carry my laptop with me......easiest job I ever had, and the money ain't changed all that much....Life is good.....