Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Offroad Designs 1" Body Lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by backcountry, Aug 18, 2004.

1. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Offroad Designs 1\" Body Lift

Hello All!

I just installed the 1" Body Lift from Offroad Designs and have two questions.

What do I torque the front, middle and rear bolts too?

My Fan is hitting my fan shroud slightly while on the road. I imagine it may hit even more offroad. Should I replace the fan with one that is 1" smaller in diameter?

The gap from the top of my fan to the shroud now appears to be about 3".

Any suggestions/ideas??

Thank you for your time and consideration! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Offroad Designs 1\" Body Lift

I do not have an answer for the body mount torque specifications, but if you call Steve at about 9:AM Mountain time, I am sure he can tell you. Was there any instructions with the body lift kit that had that information?

I was thinking of putting that same ORD 1" body lift on my truck, and I was wondering what kind of jacks, and how many jacks, did you use to lift the body up high enough to install the lift?

One idea I had for fixing the fan shroud was to install 1" spacers sandwiched in between where the fan shroud splits in two. Most people have said they trim the lower part of the fan shroud to give it enough clearance.

3. socalblazer

socalblazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My Fan is hitting my fan shroud slightly while on the road. I imagine it may hit even more offroad. Should I replace the fan with one that is 1" smaller in diameter?

[/ QUOTE ]
    If you change the fan you would need 2" smaller to make up the 1" lift and this could cause cooling issues. I'd trim the shroud.

4. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Chris,

I loosened the 3 bolts on the right side and removed the bolts on the left side. Then I placed a floor jack under the middle mount towards the edge of the body. I then placed a 4x4 cut to length on the jack and up against the body.

You only have to lift the body just enough to allow the 1” pucks to slide in.

Things I noticed while lifting; my coil wire was too short, steering shaft changes some, fan shroud and master cylinder brake lines.

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif