Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OffRoad Design's Service - It's been said many times before...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brian 89KBlazer, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

OffRoad Design\'s Service - It\'s been said many times before...

...& I feel compelled to say it again! Stephen Watson of OffRoad Design is THE MAN!!!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I phoned him up yesterday to order some parts for my Blazer (x-over steering, suspension, brakes, frame) & although he could have taken my parts list in 30 secs or less & said good-bye; he spent nearly 45 minutes on the phone with me giving advice & helping me with some frame design issues!
    TRULY above & beyond the call of duty & IMHO; he's a true credit to the industry!!
    Hope anyone & everyone that can send business his way WILL!![​IMG]

Thanks again Stephen
    Brian
    89KBlazer

P.S. For all you other Canadians out there: Stepehen will ship parts by US Postal Service to save you the cash & frustration of courriers/customs, etc.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Brian 89KBlazer on 06/22/01 05:43 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Re: OffRoad Design\'s Service - It\'s been said many times before...

I AGREE!! I havent talked to Stephen, but when I called and talked to James, he spent way more time talking and explaining than I ever would have thought. This was even right before TTC, so I thought they might be kinda busy and not have time to answer some ?? But they did, much more that I ever expected. Most places just take your order and thats the end of it. Not the case with ORD. Great service, possibly the best!

It's real nice to know that there is actually a shop that the "new guy" on the 4x scene can call and ask questions without them making you feel like an idiot for asking. There arent any around here, thats for sureat least none that I have talked to.

3. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

I have to agree. When I ordered from Stephen and explained about the UPS brokerage fees, he agreed to ship U.S. mail saving me some cash. And he always answers your questions. I'll have more business going his way fairly soon.

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/jangelicchio>http://community.webshots.com/user/jangelicchio</A>

Lisle, Ontario, CANADA</font color=green>

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Stephen is a Great guy. Both times I ordered parts we ended up talking for about 30-40 minutes about all sorts of truck stuff. Stuff got shipped and arived when he told me it would and averything I have bought has been top quality.
    Pleasure doing buisness with such a reputable place. The local 4x4 shops have ALL ticked me off. Make most of my stuff but when I need stuff even though I have to pay shipping ORD is getting my money.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    Grim-Reaper

5. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

Absolutely! It's great to be able to talk with someone who genuinely wants to help others out. I'm really excited that my box-o-parts got all the way over to PA in less than a week. Hey Stephen - the next time I place an order, make sure the "packaging material" includes the section with the computer jobs!

<font color=blue>Rob
    85 K5</font color=blue>
    [​IMG] 24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day - Coincidence?

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sounds like ORD is a company I want to be dealing with when I get some money.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

7. lasvegas

lasvegas 1/2 ton status

I have to second these opinions. I have consistently been disappointed by the service I have received when dealing with people in the motorsports industry whether it is motorcycles or trucks or whatever. Time after time I have been made to feel like an [censored] for daring to ask a question or two. But the first time I talked to Steven, he did spend a good 30 or 40 minutes answering questions I did not even know I had. And then, last week I dealt with his dad, James, and he likewise took the time to answer every question I had with patience and made me feel confident that my new purchases were what I needed. Anyway, these guys are great to deal with, period.

8. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Damn... well I have ordered a few times from there and always have gotten a female. She is very nice and has taken the time to ask how I found out about them and what not. Last time I called I asked if drooling over Stephen's pics @ the TTC would count as an answer LOL. Well now if you all would stop talk'n to Stephen for an hour maybe I could get him LOL [​IMG]

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

9. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Heck ya, ORD is the way to go! Those people at 4wpw are just looking for that commision!

"Jeep Thing,? Ya i ran over one!"