Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Offroading-Broke some stuff

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LAZYMON, Sep 30, 2000.

1. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well the first thing to break was my rear view mirror fell off the windshield, no biggie. Next, I just put on afterburner headers and did a bad job attaching the collectors to the rest of the pipe, both sides rattled loose but sounded mean. Time to get it welded. On up the mountain I punctured a sidewall on a rock. PSSSSSSSSSSFFFF. These were Cooper LT not made for the torture I was putting them through. Some ProComp 35's please. Allright I made it to a nice flat spot and got to use my new 60" HiLift jack, it worked awesome. So I'm putting on the spare and tightening down the lug nut and I stap off a stud bold. Oh no! Not so bad but that wheel had one broken already, so then there were four. I decide I better head home. Comming down the mountain I loose my power steering, YIKES! The pressure hose broke and spewed fluid all over the engine. So I take the belts off make it back to the highway and drive 20 miles home without power steering on two different size tires. Thank GOD I made it home.
    I'm sure many of you have worse stories, but that was alot to happen in two days. But I had a great time
    Laters

73 Topless Blazer

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

My rearview mirror fell off the first tome I went off roading too. My friend was pointing to where the mud was and he hit a bump and he grabbed for something to hold onto, which was the mirror. He paid for it, only $2 though

90K5

3. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

About the third time i went offroading i got a stick wedged in between the tire and the rim. It popped the bead and i was short one tire. I drove about 15 miles home on a 31x10.50 spare that was half full. At the time I was running 33x12.50s. Needless to say it was pretty awkward.

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

4. Silverado4x4

Silverado4x4 Registered Member

Just a piece of info Lazymon, i know a guy who put ProComps 35's on his new dodge and he hates them. He says they were the only company to make them in 17" wheel diameter, but the virate horribly. He says they won't balance. I dunno much about their tires, just that experience.

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

A few of us went out a couple of weeks back and to give you an idea of torture we put r 4x4's into: My buddy has a Ramcharger and this is how it went down. 2 smashed in doors that do not open now, 2 sideveiw mirrors that dont have glass and now aim at the sun, 2 smashed tail light lenses and bulbs, driverside step kidnapped, emergency cable for the brakes snapped, tree broke out the glass of his rear hatch not to mention broke the hatch and now has noway to replace the glass, smashed in passenger front fender, missing headlight and parking light, lost 2 lights from his light bar, front driverside u-joint broke, lost all crome trim except for in a couple of places, broke out driverside wing window, snapped his fm and cb antenna and last but not least tweaked out his front bumper like a soda can. It made me feel pretty good when all I did was smash in the passenger side door and front fender, the door didnt open till I pulled out the sledge, but at least its fuctional now. All in all it was a fun day inspite of the damages. I'll post pics of his wounded dodge soon.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing</font color=blue>[​IMG]

6. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Man it sounds like he rolled that Ram. I'm new to this so I'm sure the worst is yet to come. I found a couple other things broken, my coleman lantern glass and battery deck.
    I'm not completely sold on the Procomps yet, anybody else with negative feedback on them.

73 Topless Blazer