Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Offroading Research Term Paper...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by clubba68, Jan 20, 2004.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I need your help. For my WR 123 class (Research Writing), I am doing my term report on off-roading, its history, its detriment to the environment, and also what off-roading groups and the off-roading community are doing to help preserve the environment.

Any books, papers, court cases, etc. that you guys know about that may be of use to me, please let me know. I need all of the sources that I can get. Including, online, books, magazines, newspapers, etc. This is a 12-15 page paper that needs at least 20 sources from 6 different mediums.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if u havent already, ya might try a search over on pirate... seems that someone asks the "Im writing a paper..." question about once a month or so over yonder...

j

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I think treadlightly.com might have some info you could use... but I don't remember... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

You might try searching for Bills and Acts passed or looked at by Congress too. Just a thought. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Kris

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Glamis is a big controversial area right now. i did a paper on land use last year, and used that as a prime example. teacher said she's never seen anyone so ardent about a cause. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ardent

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a big word I've never heard before. Let me go look it up...

....Sounds like a really nice complement!

Kris

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

you can thank my 10th grade english teacher for that /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Glamis always has something going on.

The national monuments that Clinton slamed us with took a lot of trail miles away.

The Roadless Initiative has been hot.

Check out not only Tread Lightly's website, but the Blue Ribbon Coalition's website. Also the Friend's of the Rubicon site.

The Land Use section over on PBB always has some info being posted and on ORC, the Land Use section is pretty good.

4WOR has a small section each month on what's going on.

A lot of different groups have websites like the AMA.

Don't forget the snowmobile thing in Yellowstone.

9. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

10. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I recently saw The History of 4x4's on the History Channel. I looked around a bit but I could not find any reference to the show I saw. If I see anything I will let you know.

11. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Aha! The title is "Ultimate Autos: 4x4" there was also "Modern Marvels: Pickup trucks" unfortuneatly it does not look they plan on playing them anytime soon.

12. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Aweome ideas guys, keep them coming.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Here's a little tidbit for you, contact Rich Klein, promoter of CalRocs and VORRA. Ask him what he goes through just for the site. Some of the crap will probably amaze you.

He opened up Hawthorne to desert racing this year. It took him a year dealing with BLM, and he had to pay $5000 for an EIR (the race sponsor paid the bill). Now you would think that he would know if the site was acceptable to BLM a few weeks before the race, WRONG! He found out four days before the race that it was a go. Or after he works for a day or two setting up a race course, BLM will come in the day before, and Rich will be out there the night before the race making course changes just to accomadate BLM requests. Then during the race, there's a BLM rep out there driving around observing the teams and such and after the race, Rich will have to get someone out to grade a section of the course.

Or this is the kicker for me. He scrubs down the rocks after each rockcrawl. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Wow. Good stuff. Any contact info for him Bubba? I have to do an interview with someone for this paper, as well as a poll, which I am sure will be conducted via CK5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif