Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Offset and Backspacing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clubba68, Oct 8, 2003.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Will someone please explain to me offset and backspacing?
    I am putting 35x15x15 SS's on my Blazer this winter, but I will be going to 35x12.5x15 BFG MT's as my permanent tires once those are worn out.
    What would be good offset and backspacing for me to get my wheels in? I am planning on going with 15x10 wheels.
    Thanks Guys,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

if you call 4wheel parts they can tell you what is best for your application.

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Backspacing is the measurement between the mounting flange, and the outer most part of the rim,[inside of wheel] lay something flat across the rim/wheel and measure to the mounting flange. say 4 1/4" is the backspace. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, 4WPW knows best... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif They'd sell you whatever they have in stock. 4.25" backspacing is perfect for a 15x10, IMHO.

5. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, 4WPW knows best... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif They'd sell you whatever they have in stock. 4.25" backspacing is perfect for a 15x10, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]Yep,your probably right,but when they dont fit right you can take them back because they told you what to go with. Guess and when they dont work you are S.O.L