Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Offset block question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Muddytazz, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Ok, I'm having a total brain fart today and can't think worth a crap for some reason. I've got some tapered offset shims from Az-kickin to fix pinion angle and to offset my rear axle BACK 1", but for the life of me I can't figure out which hole to use. I know the center one is for the pin to perch, but if moving the axle BACK 1" which hole do i use to bolt the offset block to the spring pack?

[​IMG]

2. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

Front hole. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

flip it over the use the back one?

4. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok, I'm having a total brain fart today and can't think worth a crap for some reason. I've got some tapered offset shims from Az-kickin to fix pinion angle and to offset my rear axle BACK 1", but for the life of me I can't figure out which hole to use. I know the center one is for the pin to perch, but if moving the axle BACK 1" which hole do i use to bolt the offset block to the spring pack?

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

As you look at the picture the bolt should go thru the hole on the left and bolt to the spring pack. The middle bolt is for the spring perch. This will move the axle back and rotate the pinion angle up.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Thanks Sean, thats kinda what i figured, but the brain wasn't working to well this morning /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif