Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Offset Shell 82 Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by USMuscle, Jul 19, 2000.

1. USMuscle

USMuscle Registered Member

Can someone help me? I haven't taken the top off my 1982 Blazer for a few years. I removed it two weeks ago for absolutely no good reason (Summer I guess), and it won't go back on straight! The passenger side of it is bulged out a bit in the front where it connects to the cab, and caved in a bit on the drivers side. It just doesn't match up right when you look at it from the back. The screws went in fine, but now it looks like crap. Can anyone help me???
    -Dave

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Do you still have the alignment dowels in place? Not sure how important they really are, but maybe thats your problem. If you live near Tucson Az I have a spare top sitting in the back yard, bored to death with nothing to do and nowhere to go.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

3. Peter J

Peter J Registered Member

Loosen whole top, have someone inside with a ratchet ready to tighten a couple of cab bolts as you give a MIGHTY shove towards the low side. Then tighten everything up front to back. A little silicone spray on the seals helps as well.

PJ